Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 10:23 AM

Default adsense ebay sites +EV?

Okay so I was browsing ebay looking for a web site business and I came across some sites that were for sale rather cheap.

I know nothing about google adsense nor how to make/maintain a website so the idea of just buying a finished product seems like a good option. Some of the sites looks really good and if all you need to do is advertise the site it seems like a good deal.

Is this just a scam or is there real money to be made from this if you put some work into getting the traffic?

Looking to get in contact with someone who has experience with this sort of venture. If someone can help me out there might be some $$ in it for you.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: adsense ebay sites +EV?

Unless you have a great cheap method for driving traffic to these sites I'd probably pass. Just because you have a website doesn't mean people will visit.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:04 PM

I understand that but I have seen a couple of the sites listed in adsense threads here on the forum and they dont look very impressing yet still make a 100$ or so per month.

The sites I was looking at on ebay seems very professional and has a massive amount of content. What kind of advertising budget would I need in order to get some reasonable traffic to a site and how would I go about doing it?
Old 02-05-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand that but I have seen a couple of the sites listed in adsense threads here on the forum and they dont look very impressing yet still make a 100$ or so per month.

The sites I was looking at on ebay seems very professional and has a massive amount of content. What kind of advertising budget would I need in order to get some reasonable traffic to a site and how would I go about doing it?

[/ QUOTE ]

By asking about advertising budget just proves the point I made to you in pm's. You're not knowledgeable enough at this point to buy a site and be able to traffic it imo.

Second, who's site here is making 100$ a month? I don't think i've seen any here that are that successful except for the bmx one.

You had mentioned to me you know nothing about building websites and that's why you wanted to just buy one. It's not as easy as that or everybody would be doing it. Also just because a site has content doesn't mean it's even original content. He's selling template adsense sites that I saw from the quick look I saw.

Template meaning theres more than one out there. I recommend you learn the basics about building a site. Just because a site "looks" nice doesn't mean people will visit it. Search engines don't care what a site looks like.

IMO for adsense sites unless you're doing arbitrage you shouldn't need a "marketing budget" at all. Even with a marketing budget what are you marketing?

I think you have much more research to be doing before you buy a site. Specifically the obtaining traffic part. Start with a blog or something and learn everything you can about link building, seo, and other methods.

Cheers,

Josh
Old 02-05-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The sites I was looking at on ebay seems very professional and has a massive amount of content.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if a site looks professional, it may be poorly designed for SEO.

A lot of content means very little. The content is most likely already available online. Your site would quickly be penalized for duplicate content and see little traffic from searches. In general, a handful of pages with unique content is more valuable than a hundred pages of content that is already on multiple sites.

You just can't wake up one day, decide to make money with websites, put one up, and wait for the cash to roll in.

If you just go an do it, you will lose money.
If you study and do it, you will lose less, break even, or make a little.
If you study and do it, then study some more and try again, and then keep studying and trying, you can succeed where others fail.
It is not quick and easy. It is a slow learning process, like most things in life.