Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Year End Tourney Chip Count Prorated?

[ QUOTE ]
Want to have a year end 6 max table deep stacked tourney. Points are awarded throughout the year. I am looking for good starting stack amounts to play deep stacked, and provide startings stacks based on points earned, i.e. 1st player has more than 2nd, more than 3rd etc.

Prefer starting at 100/200 blind level, play deepstacked, and have play last roughly 4-5 hours. 20 min blinds...

Anyone done something like this? or got links?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly addressing your needs, but I do T25/50 start, give a base amount of 15 points x number of tourneys hosted x performance points awarded.

Then, I add whatever amount needed to get the 10 point total player to T10,000K in chips. That add-on amount is added to everyone else's stack as well.

So, Player A has 10 points (paid for one tourney, finished at the bottom), Player B has 200 (9 tourneys, with some cashes).

13 tourneys in a year = 195 points. Player A earned 1950 special tourney points. Player B has 39,000 STP.

I add T8050 to both stacks. The starting stacks are T10,000 and T47,050, at the T25/50 level. Deep stacked, even for the smallest starting stack.

Note that my special tourney is based on voluntary buy-ins at each regular tourney, so Player B has invested a lot more than Player A throughout the year. That's why the large difference. Notice that the chip stack isn't 9x as much.

With 30+ players, my DPChIT tourney lasts 7-8 hours, with most rounds of 20 minute duration.

Hope that helps.