Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2006, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Beat: mom owns me

[ QUOTE ]
and you play 1/2?

nitty mc nitsalot

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not this comment right here by gildwulf and watching neewhizzles inspired me to stop being a nit and move up. First day up about 2 buyins, hopefully nothing drastic happens and I'll stick with it.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:46 AM

This is probably just me thinking this.

Your parents are putting out $50,000 a year to pay for your school and living in some dump, while you're sitting there with a 5-figure roll? Grinding out 150/hour?

It would probably be a lot easier if you could demonstrate that you are +EV playing. You think you could take care of the rent here and there? Help out with your tuition?

I'm in my thirties, have my own place, went to public school, and paid tuition for college on loans & Army money. So, my situation is very different. You mentioned you were at least part asian, so maybe it's a cultural thing that I just don't understand.

But really with what they're paying, yeah, they pretty much do own you.

Also, I'm thinking about grad school, so if you're thinking about moving out, let me know. I'll stop playing poker for your Mom while going to school. I like asian food.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is probably just me thinking this.

Your parents are putting out $50,000 a year to pay for your school and living in some dump, while you're sitting there with a 5-figure roll? Grinding out 150/hour?

It would probably be a lot easier if you could demonstrate that you are +EV playing. You think you could take care of the rent here and there? Help out with your tuition?

I'm in my thirties, have my own place, went to public school, and paid tuition for college on loans & Army money. So, my situation is very different. You mentioned you were at least part asian, so maybe it's a cultural thing that I just don't understand.

But really with what they're paying, yeah, they pretty much do own you.

Also, I'm thinking about grad school, so if you're thinking about moving out, let me know. I'll stop playing poker for your Mom while going to school. I like asian food.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just you. OP is a spoiled bitch for letting his parents shell out that much dough (scholarships didn't work out, huh champ?) while he passes up an easy $150 an hour (telling the truth?) cuz he 'doesn't feel like it'.

Dood are you absolutely [censored] serious?!?

Sorry and all, but my new years resolution is to stop being nice and understanding and a pushover and i'm starting a day early.

Seriously, what the [censored] is wrong with you?
Old 01-01-2007, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't play much before the legislation but i'm doing just fine since then...wtf, were the games really that much better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they were insane. The games are still very good if you are willing to do the work.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:28 PM

it's funny looking back at this thread... and its been what, only a week? I was def. tripping and having my quarter life crisis, lol. Dropping half of your net worth will do that to you, I guess.

Anyway, after having a lot of talks with 2p2 and friends in general, I've decided to just grind out at 1/2. I realized that this money is too good... of course im gonna be tempted to play 2/4 and 3/6, but the fact is that I'm probably not a winner there, and if anything, im a very marginal winner that will incur huge swings, esp. with my tiltiness.

That being said, I'm almost certain I can average 150/hr at the Stars 1/2 six-max. In my only full month at 1/2 (it was at party in august, though) I was averaging 250/hr over 40k hands...

The stars game is obv a little tougher but there are so many weak regulars and the occasional megafish...

The main change I'm gonna make is I'm gonna stop setting goals. Every month I would say "lets run at 5ptbb/100 at 2/4 for 40k hands," etc etc. It screws me up when i run bad, I start playing bad and then I go on tilt. My only goal is to NOT set goals.

Oh, and I still wanna be more social and get more exercise. I think I'll cut down the time I spend on watching the Discovery HD [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 01-04-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's not just you. OP is a spoiled bitch for letting his parents shell out that much dough (scholarships didn't work out, huh champ?) while he passes up an easy $150 an hour (telling the truth?) cuz he 'doesn't feel like it'.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to come off like a dick, chump change, but you know nothing about my family or my familial situation. I got plenty of full rides, too, but obv. not to the school I go to. I'd also be willing to prop bet up to 500 that I can average 150/hr over my next 100k hands at 1/2, although it would be hard to verify and whatnot.

I dunno, maybe this post is a little too OOT/psychology for BBV4Life. Sorry for not acting in the spirit of BBV haha.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't play much before the legislation but i'm doing just fine since then...wtf, were the games really that much better?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way!!! Then again I play micros where fish will always be. + I've only played stars, so w/ the closing of Party there has been a pretty big influx of bad players ready to give their $$$ to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

the stars 2/4 game sucks nuts, party 3/6nl pre legislation was easier than stars 1/2 right now

[/ QUOTE ]

only the 6 max games are like that. FR is still full of bad players up to 5/10. shame no one on 2+2 plays it
Old 01-05-2007, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to come off like a dick, chump change, but you know nothing about my family or my familial situation. I got plenty of full rides, too, but obv. not to the school I go to. I'd also be willing to prop bet up to 500 that I can average 150/hr over my next 100k hands at 1/2, although it would be hard to verify and whatnot.

I dunno, maybe this post is a little too OOT/psychology for BBV4Life. Sorry for not acting in the spirit of BBV haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm officially manning up and offering an apology I hope you'll accept.

I was embarrassed when I read what I wrote, I was in a foul mood and I think you were the third person I called a spoiled bitch that day.

No prop bet is necessary because I think you could make 150/hr and probably should grind it out a bit, for whatever reason.

Again, my apologies.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:54 AM

Dude, your mum is a complete control freak trying her very best to give u a bad conscience about doing what u want to in life. The things she writes tells me she's really manipulative and will go to great lengths in order to control u. Move out of the house as soon as humanly possible. Live your own life etc. If she really respected u she would let u make your own choices and support them. This is like "do what I want or I'll never forgive u". That's [censored], and u shouldn't stand for that [censored].
Old 02-05-2007, 09:11 AM

Rat infested in SoCal = 3 bedroom with an inground in the midwest = split ranch with fence in NE

location location damnation