Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 05:17 PM

Default My funny tshirts/Myspace/Ebay Plan

First of all, I will need to create some designs for tshirts that different types of humor will find slightly amusing. This isn't a big deal to me at all.

I will then create a girl myspace account, make it look as real as can be(I am very good at it) and buy a Myspace friend adder program(good idea?). I will potentially make several myspace accounts as their is a limit on friend requests per day I believe.

Then I post bulletins to my new 100,000+ "friends" asking for feedback on the shirt templates that I make. The most popular ones get put into my ebay store.

After I have gotten enough perspective buyers, I link to my store, and post the crap out of it on myspace.

For the shirts, they will be very basic with maybe one or two line humor on the front, and a logo potentially on the back. I can get these made very cheaply($3ish). Should I set up a legal business name? Thoughts on the name of my brand?

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Old 02-04-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: My funny tshirts/Myspace/Ebay Plan

How are you getting them made so quick / cheap and how many are you planning on ordering. Also selling price of shirt(s)?
Old 02-04-2007, 07:28 PM

Getting 100k friends on MySpace isn't that easy anymore. Most of the adder programs have not been able to bypass the updated CAPTCHA. New accounts are unable to add as many friends before being flagged. If multiple accounts are posting spam about specific sites, your IP and your site can be blocked. Bulletin posts are no longer a very effective way to advertise.

Check out cafepress for selling t-shirts and other items. Margins might not be as great but you don't have all the hassles either. cafepress
Old 02-05-2007, 02:05 AM

I am so sick of myspace, I dont mess with it anymore.