UTG (t2645)
UTG+1 (t2095)
MP1 (t1445)
MP2 (t1140)
CO (t1395)
Hero (t1385)
SB (t1685)
BB (t1710)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, UTG+1 calls t50, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, Hero calls t50, SB calls t25, BB checks

Flop: (t200) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets t100</font>, UTG+1 calls t100, Hero calls t100, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>

Turn: (t500) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG+1 bets t200</font>, Hero calls t200, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

River: (t900) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets t1000</font>, Hero?

The villain is a complete fish, according to Sharkscope. On the flop I called getting right pot odds, on the turn - because I turned TPTK and was willing to call a small bet on the river.

But what could T1000 mean? AQ? He would definitely raised it PF. J9 is monsters under the bed?.. And he said "Fold" after his river bet. I folded [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] What would be your line?
Old 02-04-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: ($6) Unraised AKo, tough river decision

Even with the odds, I probably fold the flop. With all of those limpers, an ace or a king could mean trouble for you against A8 and KQ (easily limpable hands). I probably fold the river. This just smells like KT to me...
Old 02-04-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Re: ($6) Unraised AKo, tough river decision

A) Why did you flat call PF? You have what's probably the best hand against an EP limper. AKo is not a hand you want to play multiway, but you offer great odds to SB and BB by calling. Raise PF to ~200. Makes the next couple streets much easier to play.

B) How do you have odds to call on the Flop? You need 12:1 pot odds to call for an inside straight. You can't assume that either an Ace or a King is a clean out as either could fill someone's straight or give them two pair. So at best, you can lower your pot odds to ~10:1. You are being offered 4:1. 6:1 is a little much to make up with Implied odds. Fold the flop.

C) Now you've caught your King, but as I said, it very easily could have filled someone's straight. It's a tough decision, I probably call and reevaluate on the river.

D) River's an easy fold. He called a flop bet, then lead out twice. The only draw that was ever on that board was a straight, and it could have hit. Your king is not looking good enough to stake your life on.