Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Pot odds -- Rake/Tip

You're at the table, calculating your pot or implied odds.

I usually count bets as I'm going along. Technically speaking, I have to take into account the fact that there has been a rake, maybe a jackpot collection, and a tip if I win. This can get to be $6 or 7 in a low stakes game -- almost a Big Bet in 4/8, amd more than that in either 2/4 or 3/6.

Generally, I've handled this by 'rounding down' a bit. However, I'm thinking about it I may be underestimating.

What do others do in Low Limit games (or any other games), or is it just too small to worry about?
Old 02-04-2007, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Pot odds -- Rake/Tip

In low limit games, I think it's perfectly reasonable to take the rake/drop into consideration (I've never really thought about the tip though). In these games, those amounts are significant. Fortunately, if you're in a good game that one bet isn't going to be very significant when calculating odds.

As the stakes go up you can usually just get away with not counting the small blind when counting the pot. Once you get to 8/16 or so, you can just assume the small blind will be dropped.