Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 04:30 AM

Default Value bet

40/80 full game. Villain is a regular, god awful preflop, peels unbelievably loosely postflop, but generally has a good hand when big bets start going in. I've been playing solid at this table, I think I was a slight winner. Villain had about 8 racks in front of him when I got moved to this main game, he's got about 1 rack in front of him now, so I'd guess he's much less confident than normal.

1 limp, I raise in MP with red TT, villain calls in the small blind, big blind 3 bets to put himself all in, limper calls, I cap, villain calls, limper calls.

Flop:
J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check to me, I bet, villain calls, limper folds.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Check/bet/call

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Check/bet

The fact that he's been getting raped at this table is what I think makes my play possibly debatable. If he was winning I think his flop play would define his hand a little better, as he'd definitely c/r his ugly J2s [censored] that he loves to outflop me with, but I would assume he might be playing a bit more passive now, fearing that everyone has him beat every hand. However, this fact also leads me to believe that he might donk the river here with a 9, fearing I'd check behind, while he'd normally try for a c/r since he knows I'm a tenacious value bettor.

Too thin? Just right? Does the fact that there's an allin player that I almost certainly have beat change anything?
Old 02-04-2007, 04:38 AM

Default Re: Value bet

It's fine. Good even.

-DeathDonkey
Old 02-04-2007, 04:50 AM

I would check on the river. I dont think hes folding anything better and hes definetely not calling with anything worse.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:10 AM

Valuebet. As u said he have gotten some beatings.

Only thing I think you should be worried about here is 9 with good kicker. I cant see him cr the jack on the river if he thinks of you as a solid player that would be spewing.

I would also bet here because then players know you can bet thin aswell, and if he folds river here, he will not know where you were at in the hand or your capping range preflop. That also holds some value.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:38 AM

pretty easy bet imo.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hes definetely not calling with anything worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he thinks hero would cap AK pf and bet it through, bad villain's pay off with 22-77, a 4 or an 8 24/7.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:06 PM

Is Villian calling you on the River with an underpair to the board? If not, why bet?
Old 02-04-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and if he folds river here, he will not know where you were at in the hand or your capping range preflop. That also holds some value.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an allin player, so he will get to see what I had.