Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 03:20 PM

Default If Neteller CAN pay but CHOOSES not to, is there a criminal liability?

If,

(1) Neteller benefits by keeping millions of the US customers’ money
(2) Neteller lies about being unable to pay the US customers, and about US customers being able to use the money for non-gambling purposes (I want to buy a T-shirt from a merchant, I want to send my uncle $500, can I?)

it is fraud. Can they be charged not only with “facilitating illegal gambling”, but also with an attempt to defraud American citizens out of millions of dollars?

If “facilitating illegal gambling” charge is dropped for one reason or another, can they still be charged with fraud? Remember Martha and other federal cases? Initial charges are often dropped, but it is what they do to cover their asses – that’s what gets them in the end.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: If Neteller CAN pay but CHOOSES not to, is there a criminal liabil

Furthermore, DA’s care about favorable public opinion. In public opinion, what is worse, transferring money to and from the poker sites, or attempting to keep hundreds of millions of US citizens’ money? Some stated on this forum that their life savings were held in Neteller. Imagine a testimony from John Hardworker not being able to pay rent while some Canadian Fat Cat keeps $100M just because he can?
Old 02-03-2007, 06:33 PM

bump to first page just cos im interested in the answer to this one (obv from someone who may actually know, not from the "OMG, THEY'RE STEALING MY MONEY" gang [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Old 02-03-2007, 07:58 PM

Well, it has been reported that the DOJ or FBI has frozen Nettellers bank account. So, IF true, how do you propose Netteller to pay you????
Old 02-03-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, it has been reported that the DOJ or FBI has frozen Nettellers bank account. So, IF true, how do you propose Netteller to pay you????

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't. My question is about "if not true."
Old 02-04-2007, 01:07 AM

Our country just arrested 2 neteller founders whom no longer have anything to do with neteller. The DOJ knows it has no legal authority to do so and no chance of conviction. They just wanted to intimidate legitimate offshore companies with frivilous arrests and supeonas with no legal basis. The US also pays no attention to WTO rulings which go against it. The world, you will find, has less respect for our laws now and in general is tired of our arrogant attitude across the globe. If you sue Neteller it does not matter. They are not coming to a US court to be judged. IMO, freezing only US funds while cashing out players in all other countries is a way to fight ridiculous arrests by the DOJ, and let them know that Neteller still has some leverage.