Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Want her to eat your ass?
yes 153 33.12%
no 309 66.88%
Voters: 462. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Poker After Dark thread (week 5)

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Laak is cool. Nuff said. He cracks me up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Laak is a very good player and from what I can see, getting better. He’s able to twist things to his advantage, by using disingenuous cutesy babble. He's very calculating. Last year on HSP you could tell that some of the players were feed up with it.

I loved it, when in the last hand, Antonio was on the table yelling for cards. I was yelling for a diamond too. After watching and listening to Laak bulls*it all week, his constant “please let me win, please” at the end, was too much. He really became annoying. Nuff said
Old 02-03-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very entertaining, I could see how some folks wouldn't like Laak, but I love his sense of humor. What amazing reads both he and Esfandairi made, aside from all the hamming it up, these guys really showed some amazing skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was amazing but then again, they were room mates for years and on the WPT dvds commentary they talk about how they used to play HU almost every day for chores [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2007, 04:05 PM

Maybe the best, most entertaining poker show I've ever seen. I'm not sure how Phil Laak can handle the stress of playing poker considering how amped up he gets for each card. I liked the discussion about who was paying for dinner that night--sounded like Phil had some debts to pay with his money. It was also fun to see guys who really wanted to win this week.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the best, most entertaining poker show I've ever seen. I'm not sure how Phil Laak can handle the stress of playing poker considering how amped up he gets for each card. I liked the discussion about who was paying for dinner that night--sounded like Phil had some debts to pay with his money. It was also fun to see guys who really wanted to win this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree on all points.

Btw, is it true that PAD is no longer planning on recording new episodes? I saw somewhere that Full Tilt is pulling back on its marketing budget in the US and so won't be sponsoring future episodes of the show. If that's the case it will be a huge loss.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:58 PM

I really enjoyed this week, best week EVA. Laak was crackin me up all week. Good poker as well...except for hellmuth.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really enjoyed this week, best week EVA. Laak was crackin me up all week. Good poker as well...except for hellmuth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to agree with all points but the Hellmuth one, it was pure pleasure watching him make moves only to get outmoved, and when he finally puts his money in the middle he's a big dog...LOL Nice set up Hellmuth!

This surely was the most entertaining table by far.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:16 PM

It's cool how when Hellmuth gets it in with the best hand and loses he's just extremely unlucky, and when Hellmuth gets it in with the worst hand and loses he's just extremely unlucky. Basically any time Phil gets knocked out of a tournament it's extremely unlucky?
Old 02-03-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically any time Phil gets knocked out of a tournament it's extremely unlucky?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, by that reasoning, someone could conclude that if it weren't for luck, he'd win every one. Good thing nobody is that ridiculous to say such a thing, though.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't why you're apologizing. It's not your fault that there are a bunch of thin-skinned atheists on 2+2. If they cannot understand that there are outspoken people who disagree with them, then that's their problem.

You provided your opinions and your religious/moral philosophies. I see nothing wrong with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't understand it, can you? She would never have said "I won't vote for someone who's (black, Jewish, gay, disabled)" even if she felt that way, because people who hate, except Michael Richards, have learned that it's no longer considered respectable to utter such things in public. We atheists are sick and tired of being singled out for public abuse for the crime of not believing chidlish fairy tales. While I think, for instance, astrology is equally idiotic, at least it hasn't been used for centuries as a pretext for genocide, as religion has, by such as Hitler and Bush, to name two out of many.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:12 AM

Lamest threadjacking ever.