Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: UFC 67

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah well hopefully Rampage does better then Herring (LOL). However, I don't know how far he is going to go as I can't really see him beating Lidell or even Ortiz at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't where this myth that Rampage is washed up is coming from. He's only 28 years old and since beating Liddell his only losses are to Wanderlei and Shogun, who are the top 2 205ers in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen his fights since then? He hasn't been impressive once, win or lose.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah well hopefully Rampage does better then Herring (LOL). However, I don't know how far he is going to go as I can't really see him beating Lidell or even Ortiz at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't where this myth that Rampage is washed up is coming from. He's only 28 years old and since beating Liddell his only losses are to Wanderlei and Shogun, who are the top 2 205ers in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen his fights since then? He hasn't been impressive once, win or lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is what I meant. Rampage doesn't seem to be able to dominate like he used to. His win over the smaller Lindland was at least questionable and was it Pride 30 or 31 where Rampage lost the fight but still won the decision (I remebmer him offering the trophy to the other fighter).
Old 02-01-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is what I meant. Rampage doesn't seem to be able to dominate like he used to. His win over the smaller Lindland was at least questionable and was it Pride 30 or 31 where Rampage lost the fight but still won the decision (I remebmer him offering the trophy to the other fighter).

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't read too much into his unimpressive win against lindland. Lindland is notorious for having obscenely boring fights and is a tough opponent because of the way he fights. So what's important is that he got the W against lindland
Old 02-01-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong, I'm aware he's had some mediocre fights, but I chalk those up to a lack of motivation and fighting down to the level of his opponents. And although Lindland is small, he is a tough matchup for anyone.

I think Rampage being in the UFC and having the possibility of making some serious money will motivate him to train hard. He's way too young and talented for me to believe that he cant make a very strong comeback.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And let's not forget that Chuck is getting old and becoming injury prone. Rampage would have a ery good chance of beating Chuck again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way OT, but weren't Wanderlei and Chuck supposed to fight in late 2006? What happened with that?
Old 02-03-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And let's not forget that Chuck is getting old and becoming injury prone. Rampage would have a ery good chance of beating Chuck again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way OT, but weren't Wanderlei and Chuck supposed to fight in late 2006? What happened with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

DSE used the situation more as a publicity ploy for their Vegas PPV then to have an actual fight
Old 02-03-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DSE used the situation more as a publicity ploy for their Vegas PPV then to have an actual fight

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that wasn't the case. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2007, 11:05 PM

[censored]. I can't order the PPV. Is this a general problem for anyone else or is it just here?
Old 02-03-2007, 11:12 PM

I've got it but the audio is out of sync with the video, not terribly out, but noticeable when they have golberg and rogan talking to the camera.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:29 PM

There were some pretty good fights on this card. I'd like to thank Anderson Silva for subbing Travis Lutter, who it was pointed out to me in this thread is a world-class BJJ guy and that Silva didn't stand a chance against him on the ground.