Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Does this Offend You?
Yes 8 9.41%
No 77 90.59%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2007, 02:13 AM

Default live game straddle

Live 6/12 game and UTG straddles. This is the second straddle this orbit. This first one I rackedup a huge pot w/ AA [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I have been totally card dead and except for the previous straddle hand (about 5 hands earlier), I have been folding left and right to the point where when I do raise, I either win the blinds or it is HU to the flop.

Anyways....

UTG posts a live straddle and a few folds to the previous straddler to my immediate right calls. He is a total fish and will basically play any two as long as it is not 3 bets to him. I am already stunned to see only one caller so far as this table has been juicy loose. Guy to my left is dealer/floorman and is pretty loose PF when he gets to limp in, but is pretty tight if he has to call a raise. Chair to his left is open as someone is on a smoke break. Next guy over is old man nit-acus and is uber-tight. SB is neutral. BB is a bigger donk than the guy to my right and has luckboxed several big pots, but has given it all back and more. He will be calling almost always, even if capped to him with any 2.

Hero looks down at K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2007, 02:20 AM

Default Re: live game straddle

Just don't fold.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:38 AM

i dunno why, but raising seems right here. We can outplay these guys postflop, and have position on them. If we get cold-callers, then we can get lucky and win an even bigger pot, expecting big payoffs.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:35 AM

i voted raise, but thinning the field is not the only (or maybe even the best) reason to raise.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i voted raise, but thinning the field is not the only (or maybe even the best) reason to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed...when I put the questions together, the text I wrote got all jacked up for that one.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2007, 05:10 AM

I'm calling here. KTs is a nice multiway hand and I want to see a flop here. I'd welcome more callers behind me and would rather have the blinds in there too.

ATs I would definately raise, but KTs is kind of like a small pocket pair, I'll over cold call sometimes, cause I can get away from it easily or win a nice pot.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:45 AM

Raising for value is likely possible, but I think I still call here. Folding is Elton John.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:24 PM

I call. I agree with the multiway flavor of this hand. We don't need to raise to build a big pot..if the straddler is playing like he's supposed to he'll bump it up anyway and suck everyone for a 3rd bet. At this point if you really want you can rebump. Everyone behind you that's in for 2 is coming along for 4. You're representing a huge hand here (to most people) and you might just get lucky enuff here to hit the flop. If you're going to raise it, this is how I'd do it build a bigger pot and still get my mulitway action.

D_D
Old 02-03-2007, 04:27 PM

15 votes and 7 responses? Come on folds, get in here...
Old 02-03-2007, 06:08 PM

This is a pretty solid value raise. The donk is calling the straddle with anything he'd limp, not just what he'd cold call.