Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: eurobet steals $212,000!!

So? It is/was safer in neteller then in your pokeraccount. How much hassle can it be do deposit some more.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So? It is/was safer in neteller then in your pokeraccount. How much hassle can it be do deposit some more.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTY. Don't worry guys, neteller is safe! Durrrrrrrrrrrr

[/ QUOTE ]

OP,
This sucks. I almost hope that you are a scammer because I would hate to hear that a pokersite stole $200,000+ from an honest player.

Unfortunately, in situations like this the burden of proof is often on you to prove your innocence. If you are innocent I beg of you to contact a lawyer in the country in which Eurobet is liscensed. Even if you have to pay lawyer fees it would be worthwhile to pay that fee to get your money back.

Keep us posted.

Steve
Old 02-02-2007, 08:47 PM

Hi Long_Don,

I have you played you a little on the Ongame network (screen name _TheMVP_) and can verify that you have in fact been winning at the high stakes.

I also have a sizeable amount of money on Eurobet and am concerned about the outcome. Please let us know what happens.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i believe him. i went through a similar nightmare with betonbet.com (a pokerroom skin also), a year ago, and i know a couple others that had troubles. they said they were confiscating 110k i had on the site because of "high collusion scores".

[/ QUOTE ]

I had an OnGame account frozen last year. I also know personally of several other people whose OnGame accounts were frozen at one time or another. These were not small account balances either, mid five or low six figures, as needed to play in the high limit games there. In every case they eventually unfroze the accounts. It always took weeks or even months and many frustrating emails with ignorant customer service reps. In the meantime we were all treated like criminals.

After talking to others about their experiences and hearing from the managers of the skins (Eurobet and FullContact in particular), there were two common threads:

1. The skins have nothing to do with the freeze - that's why the customer service people are so ignorant about it. It is the OnGame network that freezes the accounts without even notifying the skins. It is practically impossible to speak directly with anybody at OnGame.

2. Every frozen account had recently played long heads-up or short-handed sessions with another player. High limit games are often heads-up or short-handed so this happens a lot.

I'm pretty sure that the situation is that OnGame runs an automated fraud-detection algorithm. When it sees suspicious activity they just freeze the account automatically without informing the player or the skin. The algorithm is meant to detect chip-dumping, as used by credit card fraud rings to launder stolen money, but unfortunately this is very hard to distinguish from a lucky or unlucky legitimate short-handed session.

In every case, the situation was resolved only after intervention by the pokerroom manager of the skin. (Both the Eurobet and FCP poker managers were very helpful and polite, once they got involved.) The skin poker manager has some communication channel to OnGame and is able to be an advocate for the player whose account is frozen.

-pyg
Old 02-02-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a big hassle. You can lose $50k easily in one night in the $10k NL game. Let me tell you, the site is not too thrilled to see you depositing and withdrawing $50k a pop several times a week. Do you know that each deposit costs them several thousand dollars in fees to the ewallet? If you have unmentionable your MGR gets hit by this too, of course.

-pyg
Old 02-02-2007, 11:18 PM

I don't know if the OP is an honest guy or not but...

I wonder if the NETeller fiasco might make it harder to use a stolen credit card to fund an online poker account. Then the poker sites would have less fraud to worry about and there would be fewer false alarms.

All of these "investigations" stem from the fact that the sites let you play on credit. Somebody they trust told them that you are good for the money -- whether it was NETeller, or Visa, or whoever. Then a month later they find out you aren't good for it, because you never authorized the deposit in the first place. Of course, the money has long since dissolved into a thousand other accounts and been cashed out.

But what if you actually had to send real money, like by bank wire or money order or cashier's check, and wait till it arrived? It would be harder to make a fraudulent deposit.

-pyg
Old 02-03-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WHY LEAVE THAT MUCH MONEY IN AN ACCOUNT? ONCE I GET TO $20K ANYWHERE, I DRAW IT BACK DOWN DAY BY DAY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe OP thought he might need more than 4 buyins at his disposal? [censored] moran
Old 02-03-2007, 02:15 AM

i had 1700 stolen from me by eurobet over year ago, no explanation no nothing, please let me know how to contact ongame network
Old 02-03-2007, 02:34 AM

Everyone on this forum is so quick to yell conspiracy... the guy says he lost 212k, can't we give him the benefit of the doubt. Help him if possible...don't call him a fraud...what is this turning into? this is ridiculous
Old 02-03-2007, 07:10 AM

I followed his story on a danish poker forum for a while.

And I have no reason not to believe him. Actually people on that forum suggested he postet here on 2+2, to get more help, and to warn others in the community.

Not to get accused of fraud and other stuff. Please give him benefit of doubt, and if you have nothing constructive to post, then donīt...