Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 05:29 AM

Default $25NL6max: Pushing TP/Two pair too hard?

Villian is 80/10 over 20 hands when I look back at him in PT, but as I remember it he was 80/0 over 10 hands when this hand was played. No postflop reads.

On the turn I wanted to protect agains the flush draw. On the river I thought that I still had value again crappier aces?

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25.25
CO: $26.80
Button: $24.20
Hero: $29.55
BB: $21.93

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls, CO folds.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($10.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $8</font>, BB calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($26.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $17.05</font>
Old 02-03-2007, 05:33 AM

Default Re: $25NL6max: Pushing TP/Two pair too hard?

In general I do not push that hard OOP because you still have no idea at all where the villain is at. If he has a 6, he's laughing at you for doing all his work for him. Is he calling to the river a lot, or just playing a lot of junk and folding if he doesn't hit? With only ten hands of sample size, you have no idea. I would've checked the turn.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In general I do not push that hard OOP because you still have no idea at all where the villain is at. If he has a 6, he's laughing at you for doing all his work for him. Is he calling to the river a lot, or just playing a lot of junk and folding if he doesn't hit? With only ten hands of sample size, you have no idea. I would've checked the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you check the turn, you are calling any reasonable bet, no? And if you're going to call it, why not bet/fold to a raise? Isn't that a better option?

I'm not attacking you, just trying to learn is all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2007, 07:41 AM

because it helps you gauge where your opponent is at, if they bet the turn you call and then can c/c river which will catch any induced bluffs, and also keep the pot smaller if you lose the pot(or poss let you get away from hand).....if they check you can bet with a lot of confidence and still get called by weaker aces that you fold out if you bet the turn.

if you bet it out you are getting stacked when they do have it, them to fold when they dont have it, 100% of the time as you pot commit yourself and never make them make any kind of tough decision. you only have 1 pair and there arent arent any draws really, they either have you or they dont. win the max, lose the least.....get value from weaker hands.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:52 AM

No draws? Don't we have to bet this turn to protect again the FD? I admit that my bet commits me though, and that is probably not a good thing? What about a 1/2 PSB on the turn? But then we are starting to vary our bet size based on our hand and that is not a good thing either. Bah, I suck at playing these kinds of hands OOP!