Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Absolute RB change...anyone have any clue ?

What % decrease will the player see? I know this should be evident in the next couple of days..just wondering if any affiliate really knows what is changing?
Old 02-02-2007, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Absolute RB change...anyone have any clue ?

Can you link those of us who don't know what you are talking about to what you are referring to?
Old 02-02-2007, 05:38 AM

I assume he is talking about absolute converting to the contributed method to calculate MGR vs the dealt method...but not 100% sure.

Tim
RakeBackDirect
Old 02-03-2007, 01:28 AM

On that note, I've seen some popular ideas lately that Contributed rake means considerably less rakeback than dealt. Could someone perhaps elaborate on if/how and why there is good substance in that statement?

It is true that above average tight players are going to get more rakeback in relation to rake paid with dealt rakeback.

It's equally true that the reversed scenario applies for Above average agressive players getting dealt rakeback.

Mathematically it seems to me that on a global average they must even out - the same total rake is drawn from table regardless of model used, it doesnt just dissappear...

Maybe someone can enlighten me on the "hype" of dealt rake recently [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2007, 03:53 AM

The change to contributed is more costly (for most of us) in full ring. The range of vpip/pfr figures for good players at the small to midstakes games tends to be lower (tighter) than the bad players.

For short handed, there isnt a significant difference between the average rake contribution of a good and poor player. Definition of a good player is about 30/20/2. If you're a lot tighter than that, there are bigger problems than the reduction in rakeback payments.

Heads up it wont mean jack [censored]. And for bigger games it wont matter much, because players are roughly as often [censored] for being too tight or passive as they are too loose.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:18 PM

Here is some anecdotal evidence.

My affiliate provides daily updates of MGR. So far for the first 2 days, it appears that not much has changed with the way MGR is calculated. I'm getting *almost* exactly the same as I was before, maybe like 5% less, if that.

Oh yeah, I play a relatively nitty 20/14 style at NL 6max if that matters.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:03 PM

For what it's worth, now that AP has switched to contributed rakeback, I'm actually getting more rakeback. I play exclusively $1-2 NL 6 man and I play a very tight game. I was averaging about .22 per hand in rake paid before, now I'm averaging around .25 a hand. Yay!
Old 02-04-2007, 11:08 AM

I'm personally what I refer to as a "pot bomber", I'll pot preflop, on flop and river and just steamroll. I either win big or lose big so I guess contributed is more my model but then again I prefer heads up and very short games [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I do understand the ring game argument though where agressive players usually get beat really bad and being tight pays.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:15 PM

My affiliate just updated to the contribued MGR calculation. Went from almost $1400 MGR thru the 3rd to $875 thru the 4th. And I looked at PT, I PAID over $950. I play 6 max 3/6 to 10/20....about 26-27% VPIP....and now I'm actually getting less than 30%. Are the ultra loose players getting that much more? Seems to me AP is screwing us...again. I could be wrong. I'd love to hear from some 60 VPIP person, but those type are not normally forum posters. Hmm, the people who would benefit most from the contributed method probably don't even know about RB...so, AP wins again?
Old 02-05-2007, 06:59 PM

Dear Palomino,

I have a Secret list of 60-85% VPIP's, that has come accross my desk. I am going to sell it "ONE TIME" for the low low price of.....................