Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: MyWebATM on Full Tilt?

Just to clarify something, their signup form IS SECURE, its just put inside an non-secure frame or something, so thats why the little lock doesnt show up. Your personal info is safe, (at least from hackers).
Old 02-03-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to clarify something, their signup form IS SECURE, its just put inside an non-secure frame or something, so thats why the little lock doesnt show up. Your personal info is safe, (at least from hackers).

[/ QUOTE ]

Was just going to post this. From the source code:

<iframe src="https://www.ebsg.net/oa/mywebATM" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="850" id="signup"></iframe>

That said no way I'd give them all that info yet.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:12 AM

All the payment processors are officially located overseas. Neteller in the isle of mann & FirePay I think is in Ireland, for example. It's obvious why they're set-up this way.

Any payment processor that's available currently or in the past, would require all the personal details before allowing a hook-up to a bank account.

Think about it for a moment, would you really want it to be simple and without verification?

I don't know anything about mywebatm, however I commend any company that comes up while others are too scared to continue.

Hopefully FTP and whoever else that use these guys can cover the fees in and out like they've done in the past.

Online poker will never go away in America and there will always be companies around to process the money and host the games. It's a 6 Billion dollar industry, the majority of that generated by Americans.

Money talks my friends.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
didn't neteller require SSN

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep I have to give them mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

n00bs
Old 02-03-2007, 02:10 AM

I also had to give neteller my SS# when I signed up. I am usually really anal about giving out personal info, but I did sign up for mywebatm. I was a little hesitant at first, and maybe I ma being naive, but the fact that Fulltilt is endorsing them as their main choice for payment providers made me feel better. Do you really think Fulltilt would put them on there if they were scamming people? Maybe, but I would "hope" Fulltilt would do a little more research before puting them on their payment provider page.

(Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get screwed for siging up)

BTW- unless I read it wrong, there is a 100% bonus when you make your first deposit with Fulltilt through mywebatm.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know anything about mywebatm, however I commend any company that comes up while others are too scared to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's going to be lots of companies popping up to scam people. There's going to be lots of companies popping up who may not be trying to scam people, but won't be prepared for the rapidly changing legal environment. "Popping up" in this current climate is foolish.

We all were upset with Party/Pacific/et al for "giving up too easy". They had it right, all of their customers got PAID.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
didn't neteller require SSN

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep I have to give them mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

n00bs

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yeah people that opened accounts in the early days never had to give Neteller this info.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All the payment processors are officially located overseas. Neteller in the isle of mann & FirePay I think is in Ireland, for example. It's obvious why they're set-up this way.

Any payment processor that's available currently or in the past, would require all the personal details before allowing a hook-up to a bank account.

Think about it for a moment, would you really want it to be simple and without verification?

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is not that giving out deep personal information is always a problem. My concern is that without any information as to this company's legitimacy, regulation, past performance, backing of deposited monies, etc. that giving this information is more worrisome.

The verification process even includes a question like "we see you have recently acquired a mortgage. Please confirm which financial services company this was done with" type stuff.

The good side is that it makes it harder for someone to be me. The bad side(s) are worrisome when it's "New company in Panama."
Old 02-03-2007, 02:52 AM

Do you have to wait in order to deposit? I just signed up and I was not given the TAV, Card and so on numbers...

3 day wait regardless?

Full Tilt step-by-step is misleading...anyone else notice?
Old 02-03-2007, 03:07 AM

wats a TAV?