Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 11:27 PM

Default Re: I\'m moving to NYC: advice on where to live

[ QUOTE ]
If you want a location that's central, I recommend a little north of Union Square, b/w 14th and 23rd, around B'way. You'll be along the NRQW which is an easy ride to work, and you'll have easy subway access everywhere. There are also a lot of places to go in the neighborhood and you're a 10-15 minute walk to both the East and West Village.

EDIT: Also, you'll be walking distance from Madison Square Park, which has the cleanest dog run I've seen in Manhattan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I'll look at that neighborhood too. The upper west side seems to fit a lot of my parameters regarding being on the proper subway lines and having space for the dogs. But I think I prefer the neighborhood in that Union Sq area.

In response to suggestions that I live in NJ, etc -- that just doesn't interest me. I'm not much of a commuter. Plus, a big reason that I took the job is that I want to be in the action of it all right in the city. I don't want to be at bars when they close at 4am and be thinking about how I have to haul it back to NJ.