Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 05:13 PM

Default uNL, give me hope!

Hey everybody, I just started NL cash games around early December 2006 after winning a $5 tournament (lol donkaments, yea, but still, a win = instant bankroll for uNL).

To make a long story short, I've proceeded to hit a wall and am going through my first downswing. I know it's a part of the process and everybody goes through it, so I'm hoping people can post some of their best rostucko-type periods to remind me (and anyone else that would find it helpful) that there's an upswing on the other side waiting to happen!
Old 02-02-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: uNL, give me hope!

here ya go yo HOLLA

learn to <3 varience. it is ur friend long term [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2007, 05:54 PM

I just got out of a 5 buy in downswing at $25NL. Don't worry, it ends. The key is just to remember how to play and not to lose your head; I know, easier said than done.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:55 PM

Keep proper bankroll management and you'll be fine.

I did nto do it, and lost almost all of mymoney because i was too much of a donkey to drop down when i should have.
by the time i dropped down, i was still underrolled and playing badly because of it.

mid december, when i went down to like my last 6 bucks, I realized i needed to start being serious haha...

I now have about 600, and playing 10NL (divided among 2-3 sites) until I am rolled to play 25 on the respective sites.

Keep your head up, it gets better or something
Old 02-02-2007, 06:33 PM

I think the best advice i can give is keep a level head, acknowledge it for what it is and play through it with a good game. Keep a close eye on avoiding loosing more than you should via tiltyness.

It seems for a lot of people in posts i've read that the difference between variance itself and bad play caused by the reaction to it is a big factor in the size of the down swing. If this is a problem do a close session reveiw and distinguish one from the other in an objective way.

You'll come through the other side of it and ride a massive heater. In fact i don't know which is worse a down swing or the disapointment of an ended heater, "WHAT! MY 48o didn't hold up!?" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]