Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Foxwoods Tournaments - Chip Increase?

Thinking about going down to Foxwoods soon and checked the tournament schedule.

Looks like for all of the regular Mon-Fri Hold 'Em tournaments they have increased the starting chips to 5000, with the same blind structure. Previously, the startin stacks were 1500.

NOTE: This does not apply to the Tuesday Rebuy which is still 1000 chips.

Has anyone played in an $80+$20 since the change? How has it affected the number of players or the play?
Old 01-30-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods Tournaments - Chip Increase?

bump?
Old 01-31-2007, 03:09 PM

I read about this too, and I am excited since I am going to be playing in this tourney this Friday. Last time I played the daily, it was $45+15 and t1500 starting stacks (I haven't played this tourney in probably 2 years). You basically had to connect with some hands early, or you'd get blinded out fast. I love the idea of the deeper stack for $100. I was also curious though, how it affected things. More players? Less players? Do the tourneys take all day now to complete?
Old 01-31-2007, 05:02 PM

Glad to hear this!

I played not too long ago, caught really bad cards and was out before the first hour because of blinds. Talk about a crap shoot. I got a K-3os and stupidly threw it away before I realized that I had one more blind and I would be out [all I played were my blinds]. Very few hands are dealt before you get blindsided. What a bad, bad structure that was. You got absolutely no play for your money and really get a sense that you've been ripped off.

After that fiasco, I decided never to play there again since I can play at Seabrook - much closer for me and more play for the $$. Maybe I'll go down again.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Glad to hear this!

I played not too long ago, caught really bad cards and was out before the first hour because of blinds. Talk about a crap shoot. I got a K-3os and stupidly threw it away before I realized that I had one more blind and I would be out [all I played were my blinds]. Very few hands are dealt before you get blindsided. What a bad, bad structure that was. You got absolutely no play for your money and really get a sense that you've been ripped off.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, it used to basically be a crapshoot. I had only played a handful of times with the old structure, and once or twice was able to double up early and then begin to build. But any other time, I'd wait for hands that never came. I would find myself with 3BBs left and having to push with absolute junk to to not get blinded off completely. I'd much rather pay the higher buy-in and get some more chips to play with.

Still curious about how long these last now - anyone know? As long as the snow doesn't get too bad, I will be there tomorrow and Friday, so I guess I will see for myself how long they take.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:00 PM

ill give u hint on the players- 99.9% donkeys , if not 100%.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I hope I fall into the .1% category. Do you feel this way about the SNGs too at Foxwoods?
Old 02-01-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I hope I fall into the .1% category. Do you feel this way about the SNGs too at Foxwoods?

[/ QUOTE ]

SnG's same, 20-40 same, 75-150 same, i heard the 10-25 nl has some good players but this is coming from dopes at foxwoods and good means tight , so they prolly suck 2
Old 02-01-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do the tourneys take all day now to complete?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ended up playing in one. Same blind structure as before. Same players (generally bad), more time to get some chips early.

140 players, paid top 20. It took just about 4 hours (2PM or so) to get to the final two tables and in the money. I did not make the final table though, so I do not know when they got there or when it finished.

I like MTTs and I like the new structure, far more play than before. You still have to move chips around though, the blinds and antes catch up fast.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:05 PM

I had a similar experience to ungarop. Played in one, 130 players and busted in 25th about 3 hands before the 2nd break [4 hours]. The early play involve less all-ins and a bit more play, which was good. It still became an all-in fest later in the tourney, but it alloed for more chip accumulation before that happened. Overall, I much prefer the deeper stacks.