Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: 50NL: Standard situation: TPTK gets raised on 2tone flop OOP

How is that board drawy? There is only one draw out there? What percentage of the time do you think HU your opponent will be hitting that draw?
Old 02-02-2007, 03:56 PM

I think you should fold here and wait for a better spot.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is that board drawy? There is only one draw out there? What percentage of the time do you think HU your opponent will be hitting that draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there are two draws actually, if we include the unlikely wheel. But even still, if we are bet/folding TPTK, why are we even playing AK? Again, put your opponent on a range. I think we are ahead most of the time, and when the turn blanks we are even more ahead.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:19 PM

Look at villain's stats: 19/13/2.4. He's a TAG and on the tight side for 6-max. He's probably not calling your raise with something like AT/AJ/AQ, unless maybe if it's suited and the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is on the board. Some other big suited connector like JT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is possible. Frankly, I think AK/33/99 are most likely with some possibility of big suited ace. He looks like he's as afraid of the flush draw as you are. I think this is a fairly easy fold. If he were a loose calling station, it might be different.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:25 PM

My thoughts at the time were to 3bet and fold to an AI. Because his aggression is pretty high, I thought he was BSing me. But I don't know what the value of raising is then. Worse hands won't call me and if he raises AI then I have to fold.

results: <font color="white"> he folded to my ~$30 reraise.</font>
Old 02-02-2007, 07:17 PM

kerplunk, folding to a 4bet from villian is terrible.

Your near the very top of your range here. What I would do would depend entirely on how villian has been playing versus me lately.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My thoughts at the time were to 3bet and fold to an AI. Because his aggression is pretty high, I thought he was BSing me. But I don't know what the value of raising is then. Worse hands won't call me and if he raises AI then I have to fold.

results: <font color="white"> he folded to my ~$30 reraise.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are misunderstanding aggression here. First, Villain's is not really all that high to start with, and second, all it means is that he tends to bet, raise, or fold, rather than calling.

People with high postflop aggression can be ABC players, and those with low aggression can be FOS players (i.e, float the flop and/or turn frequently, then try to take it away on the river).

You have to pop up the stats box (at least that's where I keep the relevant ones) to look at betting patterns on each street, if you want to try to get a stats-based read.

As for the hand itself, it's a pretty clear push/fold decision on the flop, given the stack sizes and pot size, and that you are OOP. Either you believe him or you don't, and make your decision accordingly.