Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 01:16 PM

Default 50NL: Standard situation: TPTK gets raised on 2tone flop OOP

Villain is 19/13/2.4 over 1000 hands. I have only datamined this guy as I don't want to sit with him at a table. But now I had to, because of the (other?) fish.

I don't have any reads on him. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($47.60)
MP ($50)
CO ($49.65)
Button ($28.70)
SB ($17.60)
BB ($17)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero raises to $1.75, MP calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $9</font>, Hero..?

I don't really know what to do here. I am telegraphing my hand here if I raise, but it sucks to just call here as I am OOP for the rest of the hand.

If you call here, why and what's your plan on a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]turn or a blank turn?

BTW: my cbets are always 3/4 pot.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: 50NL: Standard situation: TPTK gets raised on 2tone flop OOP

I do not envy this spot.

I fear if you simply call, they can use their position against you and either value bet you to death when they are ahead or blow you off the hand with a scare card.

In this case if they have not seen me folding often yet the first few times I encounter this I am c/folding turn after I call this raise. I'll pick a time down the road to call down with a marginal hand to balance it out.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:35 PM

PF: Make the bet 4xBB. $1.75 is weak.

Flop: I'm probably folding at this point. You need to have a sense of how your opponent plays when OOP. If you see him do this often (raise you in position), then the next time he does it to you I suggest calling his raise then betting out the turn.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:14 PM

Call and lead the turn. If u get raised, fold.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you call there is ~22 in the pot and you have less than 36ish left. So you bet the turn 18 and then fold your last 18 in 58 dollar pot? I don't know. Can't seem right to me. I would probably call, then bomb a non spade turn and try to get it all in. You are up against spades/worse A more than 2p or a set. Probably call and c/f a spade on the turn. Proceed cautiously if a non K broadway hits.

Your thoughts?
Old 02-02-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you call there is ~22 in the pot and you have less than 36ish left. So you bet the turn 18 and then fold your last 18 in 58 dollar pot? I don't know. Can't seem right to me. I would probably call, then bomb a non spade turn and try to get it all in. You are up against spades/worse A more than 2p or a set. Probably call and c/f a spade on the turn. Proceed cautiously if a non K broadway hits.

Your thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

You put WAY TOO MUCH credit on draws. Without any reads on your opponent, you should value pot size much more than you value preventing someone from getting a free draw.

The correct move here is to either fold or call the flop. If you do call OOP, you check the turn to keep the pot small. If he checks in return, you know he has a draw or a worse ace and can act accordingly on the river.

Pushing on the turn is terrible. You will only get called by a better hand. Villian isn't going to be raising you on the flop with a hand like AQ or AJ.

Just check it through OOP.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I didnt saw the stack size after hero calls.

I agree with u opinion.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You will only get called by a better hand. Villian isn't going to be raising you on the flop with a hand like AQ or AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither of these statements is true. Villian is raising AQ here, and if you flatcall, he probably thinks it is good. AND he is probably getting it in here w/ AQ on the turn. People don't fold top pair. I'm not saying he is absolutely drawing, but I am saying that you are ahead a lot here, and you have a lot of equity when the flop blanks. AND you are up against a likely second best that thinks it is good. calling and c/f'ding a blank is weak. Either fold the flop if you think you are behind, or check/bomb a blank turn.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:44 PM

Could you explain to me what would be the value of re-raising a hand like AQ here?
Old 02-02-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you explain to me what would be the value of re-raising a hand like AQ here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there is tons of value if you can get AK to c/f the turn. Put it this way, if you get bet into on the flop and you have TPGK and the board is drawy, wouldn't you raise some of the time?