Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 03:41 AM

Default NL 25 | KK. Next stop on the short bus: Valuetown

The SB in this hand is pretty aggro, 35/10/5ish over about 100.

UTG is the biggest reason I'm at the table and is absolutely terrible. He could have as little as 56 on the river, and always open-pushes when he has a good hand.

My thoughts on the flop were that there was a couple draws there, but with short bus calling down the bets they were going to get big enough to protect against draws real fast anyways. I'm hoping SB has an AT/JJish sort of hand and not a 44/22/TTish sort of hand.

On the turn, I wasn't really crazy about SB's continued aggression, but he's pretty maniacal. Could still be a FD or I have outs against something like QT. I still don't think AT/JJ is out of the ballpark if he puts me on AK.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $44.75
UTG+1: $24.90
Hero: $24.90
Button: $27.75
SB: $25.65
BB: $6.20

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($4, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $2.5</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($11.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $8</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero pushes</font>?
Old 02-02-2007, 03:42 AM

Default Re: NL 25 | KK. Next stop on the short bus: Valuetown

yes. I think you're looking from a fold from SB, as that takes the worry out of the equation.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:03 AM

By my reckoning, there are 15 cards that you don't want to see on the turn (tens, aces, hearts), or nearly a third of the deck. What do you do when one of those cards falls?
Old 02-02-2007, 04:25 AM

SB will only call with a good hand here, probably, because he just doesn't do much calling anyway. But he might burn his stack away with a weaker hand than yours on the river even if it is blank. Because of UTG calling, the pot is growing on its own. And you probably won't end the hand here if UTG is as bad as you say. I don't see why you want to take your single pair to war here on a very drawy flop with a calling station in the middle when you could just let someone else do the betting for you, not risk your own stack and still win a big pot if your reads are accurate. I think I call down here.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:18 AM

As preflop-aggressor you played the Hand very passive. Anyone who likes raising the flop ?
Old 02-02-2007, 07:36 AM

As someone elses pointed out - 1/3 of the deck you don't want to see on the turn. Why did you not raise/push the flop? As played turn push is good.

I don't like calling this down - you have a very drawy board and UTG sounds like he could have any of the draws there. SB could also be on a big draw. The river bet from SB (if he makes it) is all-in so your stacks going in anyway. I want others to have tough decisions so pushing is right IMO.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:58 AM

Raise this flop, and I would also push the turn here. Like the guy above said its a very drawy board and you dont want to be giving away another card in this situation.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:02 AM

I haven't read the replies, but I'd raise the flop. It looks too scary with 2 suited cards on the flop plus there's 2 opponents. I'd prefer it to be HU by the turn.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:01 PM

FWIW I don't think a 2-suited T42 flop is especially drawy. I'm not that afraid of aces. Hearts are an issue, but if a heart comes and the goofball wakes up, I can almost surely get away. And at the rate we're bloating the pot, I can still get all the chips in on the turn quite easily.