Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Moving to foreign country for online poker

[ QUOTE ]

.....Recommending Scandinavia to him is retarded. He can't move there anyways and it honestly sucks if you are single there and want to have fun......

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh. I know you lived in Sweden for a while but did you live in a countryside village or what?

Sweden and I guess the other scandinavian countries aswell has the highest percentage of singles in the world. If you live in some of the capital cities of Scandinavia and are single there are a LOT of options if you wanna have some fun.

You are right about him not able to move here though, without getting married or something. It's also very expensive to live here.

Of the former eastern block countries Croatia and the dalmatian coast is definitely the right choice. It's Cheap, good weather, good food, crystal clear water, HOT babes, outgoing people and great sceneries. Did I mention HOT babes.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:21 AM

In Scandinavia the cost of living would eat up all your poker profits. You can't avoid taxes there- they have huge value added taxes that drive up even a cup of coffee to way more than it is in the US.

I think Thailand or some other low-cost of living option would be better for a poker player, if you don't mind some people wondering if you're going there to molest little kids (John Mark Karr didn't help the cause of tourism to Thailand).

Actually, Argentina sounds like a good bet, depending upon the Visa situaiton. Historically, Argentina welcomed immigration from white Europeans, so maybe some of the liberal immigration policies have been retained.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:22 AM

No idea why the easiest country for an American to try hasn't been mentioned...hint*** we are the biggest supplier of oil and gas to the US...if not for us New York would have no lights...
Old 02-02-2007, 11:24 AM

Eder,

Canada (I assume you mean Canada) is not very easy to move for US citizens either. Not as hard as the EU, but there aren't easy visas for the self-employed so it's go to school or get a technical job.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:38 AM

i am definately thinking about moving out of the US and i've been looking around for where to go and it seems that Panama would be pretty ideal.. if anyone has any insight into Panama that would be nice..
Old 02-02-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

.....Recommending Scandinavia to him is retarded. He can't move there anyways and it honestly sucks if you are single there and want to have fun......

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh. I know you lived in Sweden for a while but did you live in a countryside village or what?

Sweden and I guess the other scandinavian countries aswell has the highest percentage of singles in the world. If you live in some of the capital cities of Scandinavia and are single there are a LOT of options if you wanna have some fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% correct. And a foreigner can nail a girl in 60 seconds.

[ QUOTE ]

You are right about him not able to move here though, without getting married or something. It's also very expensive to live here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I quess here means Sweden. I did not know that it's that hard to move to a Nordic country. Where did all those somalians come from? If this is the case it was retarted to suggest it, right [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] But expensive? No way. Compare the prices to Norway or the UK.

[ QUOTE ]

Of the former eastern block countries Croatia and the dalmatian coast is definitely the right choice. It's Cheap, good weather, good food, crystal clear water, HOT babes and outgoing people. Did I mention HOT babes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny how people mention the Dalmatia all the time. It is the nuts. But how's the legistlation there?
Old 02-02-2007, 11:42 AM

Kärpänen,

You seem confused. It's okay, you are a foreigner. The word is spelled retarded. Retarted isn't a word. I'm not sure if you are trying to make fun of me or something, but I spelled it right and you just mispelled it. I'm confused or being leveled.

All the darkies in Scandinavia came via amnesty visas and from marrying their cousins.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Funny how people mention the Dalmatia all the time. It is the nuts. But how's the legistlation there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to put in a disclaimer I have connections to Croatia [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. It's still the nuts though.

When comparing prices I was comparing Swedish prices to US prices. Yes Norway is a lot more costly than Sweden. I feel like a poor little beggar every time I go there [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[I did not know that it's that hard to move to a Nordic country.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not hard to move to Norway since we need a lot of immigration the government actually encourages foreigners to come, but you need to either come from a country at war and Norway has to be your 1st destination or you have to have family there or you have to be a EU-citizen or a non-EU citizen which has needed competence. A US poker pro is not fullfilling any of those.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in Stockholm recently and thought it was an absolutely beautiful city with tons of stuff to do. I'd move there myself to play poker but sadly I don't think it is possible.

Seriously, can a self-employed person move to Scandinavia or is the only hope for students/people with unique work skills?