Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 08:26 AM

Default Re: 2/4, TT - Just can\'t let go!

If there were more draws out there it would be different, but if I got called on the turn by this player I would check and fold the river.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:38 AM

:grunch:

PF play seems to suggest he's got a halfway decent hand.

your bet on the flop is fine, his call is a bit odd if he's got an ace. Maybe he's on a decent but not spectacular ace? or a decent but weaker PP.

hrm, the villain's turn donk is a bit odd, as is your check here. are you afraid of the four? then why just check-call? it was probably a blank for eveyone else too. bet the turn. as played,i'd raise his donk bet. his flop play doesn't strongly indicate he hit the ace, so you might well be ahead. you're not so strong that you're above protecting yourh and though, so a c/r might be in order.

fold the river.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:02 AM

In a three way pot I think after your continuation bet is calling in this scenario a check/fold on the turn is best. I cannot see you being good very often here at all unless your opponents are complete morons.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:31 AM

Grunch

Pre flop fine

Flop Fine

Turn - What is the buttton likely to call you with on the flop after you raised UTG? Maybe AQo-ATo, KQs-KJs, KQo, 99-77. His stats suggest he is a reasonably tight straightforward player.

Obviously if he has Ax you are behind, and are probably drawing to only 2 Ts.

If he puts you on TT-KK then he might be inclined to raise the flop with his ace.

On the turn your check is pretty representative that you dont have AA or Ax, so if he can put you on KK-TT he is able to bet representing the Ace.

Lets just look at the two options:

Checking - If you intend to call down with your ten then you are showing weakness and indicating an underpair and allowing him to bet his Ax, and it is costing you 1BB a street if you intend to do the same on the river unimproved

Betting - If he has Ax and you bet out he might be less willing to call the double sized turn bet if he thinks he is dominated (bearing in mind you raised UTG pre-flop) and you could push him off the hand, however if he does call it is still only costing you 1BB per street. If he does have you beat he is more likely to raise you on the turn which makes your decision a lot easier

I would probably bet out here
Old 02-02-2007, 11:02 AM

I let go of this on the turn. The board is dry. He probably has something like AJo.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:08 AM

Absolution -

Do you Check/fold the turn or bet/fold the turn given the play on the previous streets?
Old 02-02-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolution -

Do you Check/fold the turn or bet/fold the turn given the play on the previous streets?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see the point in betting here. He won't raise here most of the time I think so you'll just end up on the river in the same spot you are on the turn. If the board were more coordinated I would keep going, but passive guys are generally scared of aces when a preflop raiser continues. I'm not saying he couldn't be a calling station chasing 2 outs because he can't let go of a pair, but I think that it's more likely he's scared with a medium ace. What hands would he call with here that he lets go of on the turn? There aren't many. I would check fold here. I don't think you're getting bluffed much by this guy in this spot either. If he had a medium pp under yours he would probably just check it through as well.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:30 AM

No draws on flop. I can not see why they are calling if one of them didn't hit an ace on flop. I'd c/f on turn. If I had a position maybe I b/f and took a free showdown if possible. I wouldn't pay 7:2 only to see to be beaten by pair of aces.