Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 10:45 AM

Default $25NL6max: AA (don\'t we love it) on the flop agains 3-bet

No reads on villians other than that they both have played about seven to eight of there ten hands with me at the table. I hate to say that I have no reads but that night the tables were breaking up rather fast and I had to move around [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $22.80
Hero: $27.25
Button: $20.55
SB: $26.15
BB: $22.50

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4.1, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $7.25</font> Hero?

Regards,
Fredrik
Old 02-02-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Re: $25NL6max: AA (don\'t we love it) on the flop agains 3-bet

I think that you are probably only losing to 22 &amp; 77, QQ would probably have raised PF and Q7/Q2/72 are all folding PF. I think that there ranges have lots of overpairs and TP type hands so no way am I folding. I would be inclined just to try and get it all-in on the flop.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:38 AM

You know what, I used to push these spots all the time, and bitter experience really leads me to think that this isn't the best thing to be doing becuase I just dont think that this is AQ enough times to be profitable. The amount of times I have been shown a set here is just ridiculous and I'm unsure of how to play this versus an unknown.

I will say this though: Donkbet minraise is ALWAYS ALWAYS a monster. So given that fact, and that fact alone, I flat call the minraise and checkfold the turn. He might go for a c/r on the turn because he's an idiot and you can get a cheap read.

I really, really think that stacking off here is bad. So I'll throw this out there - how do we interpret the flop bet, and is there any value in a raise? I feel like with a board this dry our hand needs no protection given that villain is unlikely to be drawing to more than 5 outs. We are monstrous versus that type of range and if he doesnt hit on the turn we are 95% to win by the river.

Im not sure if I prefer it, but I think a viable line is to flat call the flop bet and then raise the turn.

I know you stacked off here, and I know he showed you 77. I think this is one of uNL's biggest leaks.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:53 AM

i call this bet

let him lead the turn and push on him
Old 02-03-2007, 05:31 AM

You know a lot of things [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But I think your crystal ball is a bit blurred up today, I did put my stack in there, and mr minraiser called with QT (the other one folded).
Old 02-03-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I will say this though: Donkbet minraise is ALWAYS ALWAYS a monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the very definition of hyperbole. This is not close to true.

I push this flop in my sleep. I'm almost certainly going to push on the turn no matter what happens, so why not get it all in on the flop?
Old 02-03-2007, 11:10 AM

Well his really small donkbet on the flop is the kind that smells like he wants someone to come over the top so he can reraise or push, at least from what I've seen at these levels. Or at least get some calls (and on a dry board). Other than those alarms I still take the really aggressive line.

I also usually think this is a great flop to stack with aces, although it may be worthwhile to think about what worst hands will actually call you all-in in this situation, especially at higher limits.