Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker Support does not care anymore

Fair [censored] to PT and PAHUD for delivering outstanding products and service!

That is all
Old 02-01-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just stumbled across this thread. It seriously makes me sick.

Is PT perfect? No. Name a program that is. PT, however is the following:
1)Affordable
2)More than complete enough for the vast majority of it's users
3)Supported amazingly

PokerAce = Same

PAT AND JOSH-THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU DO!!! YOU HAVE DEVOTED COUNTLESS HOURS AND EFFORT TO IMPROVE THE WORLD OF THE ONLINE POKER PLAYER. I SERIOUSLY CANNOT IMAGINE WHAT POKER WOULD BE LIKE IF YOU HADN'T. YOU ARE BOTH GREAT!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-02-2007, 01:21 AM

Thank you Pat and Josh.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:30 PM

I had a problem with my PC in December which meant I needed to reinstall windows. It was NOTHING to do with pokertracker. It meant that SQL wasnt working properly - so I emailed Pat, he gave me instructions to reinstall it but it didnt work. He then told me that I could transfer him my databases, of which I had a few and they were very big - so he set me up on a FTP server, I gave him the files, and within 2 days at most he'd fiddled around with them, restored them, and provided me with a link to download the mended versions which worked fine. Let me reiterate, the problem was 100% not his fault, not a flaw with PT software, he had no obligation to help me out at all, but did.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just stumbled across this thread. It seriously makes me sick.

Is PT perfect? No. Name a program that is. PT, however is the following:
1)Affordable
2)More than complete enough for the vast majority of it's users
3)Supported amazingly

PokerAce = Same

PAT AND JOSH-THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU DO!!! YOU HAVE DEVOTED COUNTLESS HOURS AND EFFORT TO IMPROVE THE WORLD OF THE ONLINE POKER PLAYER. I SERIOUSLY CANNOT IMAGINE WHAT POKER WOULD BE LIKE IF YOU HADN'T. YOU ARE BOTH GREAT!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

Tuff
Old 02-03-2007, 04:31 PM

Ok, I'm catching up to this thread just now. To everyone attacking me: I've never denied that PT is a good product, but I'm not the type that simply settles for whatever Pat decides to release. When there are a lot of improvements that can be made easily and within a short amount of time, I feel they shouldn't go ignored. I'm sorry if you can't understand that.

Josh, I'm sure you are right about Pat caring about his customers. All of the positive experiences in this thread have made that evident. However, I don't agree with the notion that he works hard to improve his product. After I had been banned for calling him an a-hole (which I later realized was rash on my part), I sent him a PM and planned on making amends in private so that we could get back to the issue at hand (making PT work with PostgreSQL 8.2). But instead of being understanding as customer support should be, he decided to perma-ban me from his forum and never communicated the issue, even after I sent him a link to this thread. I hope that explanation clears up why I think that Pat doesn't care about fixing the problem.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:49 PM

For those of you who claim to be able to write something far superior to Pokertracker, but are worried about support from other programs (PAHUD, etc.), couldn't you make the program export to a "Pokertracker compatible" SQL database that would work with them? Just a thought.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After I had been banned for calling him an a-hole (which I later realized was rash on my part)...

[/ QUOTE ]

quick study.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'm catching up to this thread just now. To everyone attacking me: I've never denied that PT is a good product, but I'm not the type that simply settles for whatever Pat decides to release. When there are a lot of improvements that can be made easily and within a short amount of time, I feel they shouldn't go ignored. I'm sorry if you can't understand that.

Josh, I'm sure you are right about Pat caring about his customers. All of the positive experiences in this thread have made that evident. However, I don't agree with the notion that he works hard to improve his product. After I had been banned for calling him an a-hole (which I later realized was rash on my part), I sent him a PM and planned on making amends in private so that we could get back to the issue at hand (making PT work with PostgreSQL 8.2). But instead of being understanding as customer support should be, he decided to perma-ban me from his forum and never communicated the issue, even after I sent him a link to this thread. I hope that explanation clears up why I think that Pat doesn't care about fixing the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me see you are having some strange issue with a product. The developer of said product is trying to help you with your issue. You get frustrated and start cursing at him.
As a result of your unacceptable behavior following, from what you mention in your original post, probably more than a year of changes you strongly suggest he make to HIS software. He finally bans you. All I can say is Good luck with Poker office. Pat still has my business
Old 02-21-2007, 12:10 AM

I think OP was way out of line and deserved the ban.
PT is a very fine product and I have gotten so much more than my money's worth. Pat is usually lightning fast when it comes to keeping the program compatible with all the different sites.
Nevertheless OP has a point. PT can still be better. Pat (for whatever reason) is slow to adding simple features to PT. For example, it has been suggested by several people to add a statistic that shows the % of reraises. I admit I only have some very basic programming experience but I can't imagine how this can take more than 10 lines of code.