Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Poker Stars funds question

For obvious reasons, I had a friend in europe help me unload my neteller account to my poker stars account. Now I go to cashout from PS and I get this:
----------------------------
Hello XXXX,

Your most recent cashout for $XXX has been cancelled as you are merely cashing out transferred funds from a player who just dpeosited them into there account.

Unfortunately this is against the rules on our site. You are free to play with the funds on our tables or transfer them back to the original
account.

Thank you for your understanding on this matter.

Regards,

Neal
PokerStars Security
----------------------------------

First of all I don't see any mention of these rules on the website or anywhere else. Second of all, I can either play or send it back? So I can never cash out? Obviously I don't mind playing with some of the money but I'm not about to start throwing around what constitutes a fair chunk of my life savings around on the table.

What do I do? Is Pokerstars bullshitting because they can't issue checks anymore?

This keeps getting worse! All this effort to get my money out of neteller and it appears Poker Stars is no more honorable! I just vomited I'm so upset.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Poker Stars now seizing funds?

PokerStars isn't a bank dude.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Your most recent cashout for $XXX has been cancelled as you are merely cashing out transferred funds from a player who just dpeosited them into there account.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did PokerStars support become illiterate?
Old 02-01-2007, 04:17 PM

The main reason many of us had so much money in neteller is because PokerStars vouched for their integrity. You don't see any problem with this?

How much should I have to play before I cash out?
Old 02-01-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When did PokerStars support become illiterate?

[/ QUOTE ]

What Stars said is exactly what and how it happened..

This has always been illegal on all the sites..Why would a site want to be a flow thru company??? This is also basic fraud detection...In the legal climinate we are in transfers like this are very bad..

If you play as you normally do then only withdraw a little at a time you should have no problem..Trying to do it all at once was flat out stupid..

Please do not say you opened a Stars account just to do these transfers..
Old 02-01-2007, 04:20 PM

I've had a stars account and played at Stars for years. Obviously I've never thrown this type of cash around there. I know they don't want to be cash-thru company but cmon, its sites like Pokerstars that got us into this mess vouching for Neteller's integrity. That changes the equation.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:21 PM

Please change your title..Stars is not seizing funds..
Old 02-01-2007, 04:47 PM

btw

The only reason I opted for the quick bulk withdrawal is because of the FEB 2 date I read on 2+2 as being when Stars would lose its check processor.

Amazing the way people are talking to me here as though I'm some fraudster. I'm just a guy who can't afford to wait the 6 months (timetable constantly going back) for neteller (a site Poker Stars told me i could trust) to make good on their promises.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw

The only reason I opted for the quick bulk withdrawal is because of the FEB 2 date I read on 2+2 as being when Stars would lose its check processor.

Amazing the way people are talking to me here as though I'm some fraudster. I'm just a guy who can't afford to wait the 6 months (timetable constantly going back) for neteller (a site Poker Stars told me i could trust) to make good on their promises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your money isn't in Neteller, it's in Stars. Play some, set up an epassporte account, and you'll be able to withdraw in a hell of a lot less than six months.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Poker Stars funds question

they can still issue checks...