Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 08:03 AM

Default Re: 500/1000 stars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would call the river. Also, i would only donk the flop if i intended to 3 bet a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

disagree a lot if you mean this in general for donking flops with flush draws

then again I haven't beaten above 1-2 consistently so I don't know anything, but I had to point this out

-Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Gabe is right on. People that donk into me with flush draws but then make my life simple by just calling my raise make me happy. I keep thinking "thanks for charging yourself to draw".

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-28-2007, 10:00 PM

What did nemo have?
Old 01-28-2007, 10:21 PM

red kings
Old 01-30-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree I could have folded preflop, but i didnt. Agree the donk bet on the flop looks horrible, but that is another conversation.

Was curious to see if anybody possibly finds a fold on the river. 100% agree with Barron's post, and his river gameplan. I definitely misplayed this river. Luckily I didn't compound my mistake to lead with a second mistake.

My first instinct was to lay it down against the river raise. Once the turn is capped...I'm thinking set, at a minimum. the river is horrible for me. When he raises that river card, i'm beat most of time.

Luckily for me, this was an exception. I called the river raise, he had 2-red kings.

In hindsight, I think he actually played it well. His play came very close into forcing me into a very bad mistake on the river. I probably fold that spot enough to make the river raise profitable over the long-haul.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus--u never fold this river i hope.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would call the river. Also, i would only donk the flop if i intended to 3 bet a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

disagree a lot if you mean this in general for donking flops with flush draws

then again I haven't beaten above 1-2 consistently so I don't know anything, but I had to point this out

-Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think about the different ways yo can get in 2 or more bets on the flop, i think bet callin is by far the worst. You just will induce all sorts of semi-bluff and free card raises since people usually just treat flop donks as a draw, and you want to garner as much FE as possible if you doing something other than check/calling. Bet calling is the worst way to do that IMO.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:18 PM

I certainly don't play anywhere near this level, but this would be a ridiculous fold in my opinion. At worst, it's a mistake that costs you a tiny fraction of a bet. Why risk one bet hoping to win one bet when you aren't willing to risk two in order to win the whole pot?

Plus, getting in the habit of making "big folds" is something that is easily exploited by an astute opponent. You may be saving a tenth of a bet here and there, but you're forfeiting tremendous value over the long run if your opponent begins to take advantage of your unwillingness to make these calls.

Also, I agree with the others that your flop play doesn't really accomplish anything. Check-raise or bet-raise seem like your best options.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:52 PM

the flop play I care not to discuss, because there were a lot of other factors that justified the play (atleast in my head) at the time.

What is more interesting to me is the river. I did not "know" nemo a well as many posters here claim to know him. At this point I had very few hands with him, and only knew him to be a high stakes regular. I treated him accordingly. I still have a hard time believing he is as bad a many claim here. But I guess Neteller and the US gov't has killed the ps game anyways...so its all moot now.

so let me amend the inquiry as follows: You have no history with the villian, aside from knowing he is a high-stakes regular. After all that heat on the turn and the river raise, can anyone justify a fold?

i called with the expectation to lose...once there is all that heat on the turn, and then the board also pairs, how often am I ahead? In my experiences, never, except this one time...which is why i almost let it go.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I guess Neteller and the US gov't has killed the ps game anyways...so its all moot now.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know.. a lot of the biggest fish are from scandinavia [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

and, against an unknown player, if i was looking to fold if bet and raised, i would check and call. if i for some reason threw a bet out while i was in a trance and he raised, i would still call.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:16 PM

"trance" is actually relevant here. Ever get in that mode online where you are clicking the buttons so fast that you are in a trance? As i couldn't click the raise/bet button fast enough, it hit me that I was probably behind when he finally raised the river. that certainly snapped me out of the trance.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:55 PM

sure i have done it. i have bet some of the worst rivers ever simply because i just clicked bet w/out seeing the card or without having it register in my head first.