Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: 2/4 i make a ridiculous fold

against this guy I would probably call flop, expecting to get it in on the turn.

Perhaps my hand reading sucks, but I am probably stacking off to somebody this aggro for 100bb here.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:55 PM

um...guys...it's very easy to be insanely aggro when you only play JJ+. that being said, I would not be surprised to see QQ/JJ here. he decides to trap preflop, get's pissed that a K hit the board, but thinks he's still good often so he raises. AK is another fairly likely possibility. what's his TURN aggression? a guy this tight will of course be aggro preflop and on the flop. does he slow down on the turn, though?
Old 02-01-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
um...guys...it's very easy to be insanely aggro when you only play JJ+. that being said, I would not be surprised to see QQ/JJ here. he decides to trap preflop, get's pissed that a K hit the board, but thinks he's still good often so he raises. AK is another fairly likely possibility. what's his TURN aggression? a guy this tight will of course be aggro preflop and on the flop. does he slow down on the turn, though?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. yeah qq/jj plays like this from this guy. ok.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:19 PM

ok, why dont you post some hands he's played? let's see...
Old 02-01-2007, 07:23 PM

Ok, I don't have his full stats on this computer, but when I get home later I will post them. Basically, when I gave those reads, it was over this session (guess last 100-150 hands or so). This was the first time I think the villain cold-called in position that I remember seeing. On this particular table, I was picking up lots of raising hands so I think I was like 26/20 or something like that. This is pretty high above my normal stats, which are much nittier, like 19/14 or so. If it matters much, this guy was on several of my tables, so I don't think he's some random guy.

I think everyone who is saying call the flop, c/f turn with no improvement type stuff are way wrong. He is betting turn 100% of time, so calling flop, turns my hand into basically drawing for a 2-outer. If I'm calling flop, it is with intention of c/r allin turn, or c/c turn and bet allin on river, or maybe c/c allin or something because he will keep firing.

Note: This is only the second pot we have played together postflop this session. All the rest have been 3-bet preflop by one of us. His cold call was the first time I'd seen it this session vs ANY RAISE (although I was on a few tables and may have missed him completing a SB or calling a small raise from the BB or something).
Old 02-03-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. yeah qq/jj plays like this from this guy. ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

You kinda sound like a moron. You don't have a good enough read to make the clear play, yet you dismiss him so easily.