Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Re: To all aspiring limit players

poker's a lot more fun when you're not grinding your dick off. Mutilate yourself while you read BBV4Life instead.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Variance: Singletabling limit is not very profitable, so I will have to find a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds more like a thinly-vieled beat to me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2007, 11:38 PM

I only played limit because I kept getting told that limit is where the money is. I made some coin, but was bored to tears, so I gave up on poker. When I decided to go to NL I realized that it is more fun, and more profitable. I currently play NL tourneys almost exclusively.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I only played limit because I kept getting told that limit is where the money is. I made some coin, but was bored to tears, so I gave up on poker. When I decided to go to NL I realized that it is more fun, and more profitable. I currently play NL tourneys almost exclusively.

[/ QUOTE ]

unlimited hold-them coin flipaments [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have actually switched back to limit, no limit is certainly more profitably, but I happen to enjoy merciless and inhumane torture upon my soul

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-01-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have actually switched back to limit, no limit is certainly more profitably, but I happen to enjoy limit more. It is a more complex and interesting game IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
After 5 months of switching back and forth I finally realized that I play poker for the challenge and not the money. Now I have switched to singletabling limit and made a quest there.
Variance: Singletabling limit is not very profitable, so I will have to find a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so completely un-BBV.

ban.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:09 AM

The obvious answer is to play whatever you like the most or feel the most comfortable with. For me, I love limit to death. I just like the way it works. Passing back and forth the initiative, jamming for free cards, multiway pots... It has also afforded me a very large income and I'll admit that that's likely half the "fun" I feel with limit. It's fun to see your account go up. But at the same time I can donk around with my friends at a low-limit live game and have a ball. It's just a fun game. Honestly NL is very boring in my view. You have to play 8 tables just to get any action or interesting hands.

Long story short, even though I am potentially encouraging future sharks at the limit tables I have to honestly say don't sell limit short. The fact that there is big money to be made by sharks doesn't explain why NL is more popular. It's the FISH who keep a game going, not the sharks. For whatever reason a fair number of fish want NL today, probably because TV told them it's some kind of luxury vehicle of poker. But it's not guaranteed to always be like that.

Poker is so much bigger now that even though some feel limit is "dying" (or losing percentage-wise) relative to NL, the whole poker economy is growing so much that limit is actually bigger than ever before. 10 years ago 20/40 was a monster game. Even 2 years ago 300/600 online was gigantic; now 500/1k and 1k/2k go regularly. You can only sit at one table at a time (or 6 online) and for sure there will always be open chairs you can sit at. But if you find you just can't make a go of it after hundreds of thousands of hands then I would say it's just not meant to be, and you should try something else.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unlimited hold-them coin flipaments [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fo sho, but they are entertaining.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not if you keep flipping wrong.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not if you keep flipping wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't recommend tourneys for huge profits, but if we're talking just pure enjoyment of the game, for me tourneys are the ultimate.