Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: AMARILLO ROBBED IN AMARILLO

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But to paraphrase someone, maybe Doyle, "Never before and never again could one person make so much out of winning one 9 person tournament."

[/ QUOTE ]
Doyle is wrong. Amarillo Slim didn't get his fame and become a legend for winning the wsop way back when, he got his fame for being one of the greatest if not the greatest hustler of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

His autobiography is pretty awesome
Old 01-31-2007, 11:30 PM

Hit and run artists?
Old 02-01-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he got his fame for being one of the greatest if not the greatest hustler of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

No greater than second. Even he admits he's a poor man's Ty Thompson.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But to paraphrase someone, maybe Doyle, "Never before and never again could one person make so much out of winning one 9 person tournament."

[/ QUOTE ]
Doyle is wrong. Amarillo Slim didn't get his fame and become a legend for winning the wsop way back when, he got his fame for being one of the greatest if not the greatest hustler of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]Also for you people who think he is not the man, ask you parents who he is. They know.

His book is the best book in the world to kill a 10 minute wait with. I keep it in my car for those times I'm waiting to meet someone in a parking lot or whatever.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Also for you people who think he is not the man, ask you parents who he is. They know.

His book is the best book in the world to kill a 10 minute wait with. I keep it in my car for those times I'm waiting to meet a 12 yr old from myspace in a parking lot or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]