Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2006, 12:32 PM

Default Cheney\'s bird holocaust

I just want to point out that Cheney is not shooting wild birds, but rather pen-raised ducks (they dont fly too fast), quail and pheasants that are released expressly for him to shoot.

In a similar hunt in 2003, Dick had 500 birds released for his 10-person hunting group. They bagged 417 of them.

Now I believe we have dominion over the animals and I eat as much red and white meat as the next football fan, but when does it go from a sport to pointless killing?

What kind of blood-thirsty sicko goes *blam* *blam* *blam* *blam* *blam* *blam* got 5...*blam* *blam* *blam* *blam* *blam* *blam* three more....*blam**blam**blam**blam*... what a weird nut
Old 02-13-2006, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Cheney\'s bird holocaust

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of blood-thirsty sicko goes *blam* *blam* *blam* *blam* *blam* *blam* got 5...*blam* *blam* *blam* *blam* *blam* *blam* three more....*blam**blam**blam**blam*... what a weird nut

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont all hunters do this? I fail to see the fun in the wanton slaughter of any animal, much less one which weighs less than theweapon i use to kill it.

What does it matter if the birds are free raised or bread for being killed, its not like they have a real change anyways.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:17 PM

I've never hunted, but I think it would be cool to get deep in the woods, see some deer or bear footprints and track the animal into the wilderness. Ya know, using skill and experince.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never hunted, but I think it would be cool to get deep in the woods, see some deer or bear footprints and track the animal into the wilderness. Ya know, using skill and experince.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think this is how the majority of deer/bear huntin gis done. At least where I live deer hunters sit for hours in a tree blind and wait for a deer to wanderin front of them. they then shoot it down at 400 yards with a telescopic sight and a .30-08 bullet.

Now if those idiots had to use clubs then Id be all for it.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the thrill comes from killing things.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dick had 500 birds released for his 10-person hunting group. They bagged 417 of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG!! First they let Osama bin Laden evade capture, and now they let 83 birds evade capture. What is wrong with these people?

Don't forget, a very reliable source tells us that Osama bin Laden is the "tallest man in Afghanistan."
Old 02-13-2006, 01:58 PM

Default My Thoughts on Bird Gate

1. The birds are raised and released simply for Cheney and Co. to shoot. They are not wild birds, and it was not like they were 'hunted'.

2. The ranch is owned by a board member of Halliburton. Haven't heard if Cheney actually pays to visit the ranch and shoot these raised birds, or if this is just a 'perk' for all those no-bid contracts.

3. Said Halliburton ranch owners released a statement that held Cheney blameless for the accident and pretty much blamed the victim for getting shot.

4. The victim was a big time corporate lawyer, so no big loss if he had been killed instead of wounded in the accident.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People actually do this. Not so much with deer, however they are very habitual creatures, much like bad poker players. They tend to do the same kinds of things.

My friend bagged a Mountain Lion this way. Quite incredible.