Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Interesting AA hand - decisions on all streets

Can I just clarify here that I'm not saying the pre-flop raise is too small per se just that the reasoning for not varying pre-flop raise size is flawed.

Hero is not playing regulars here and the site does not support PT so, IMO, if there is a benefit to mixing up our pf raise size, that outweighs the disadvantages of giving away information. For example, if we always get called when we raise ep, but callers give up when they miss the flop, call when they have a peice of it and raise when they flop big, it makes sense to raise more pf.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:24 PM

Yeah.. you played this hand poorly. This isn't a flop where your value bets should be small because he's not making light calls that often with 77 no spades, and everything stronger he just calls however much you bet pretty much. I don't like an overbet, but at least bet more than half pot.... I'd go 180.

Bet the turn. Again, the hands that he calls your flop bet with on this board are hand that he likes, but hands that yo beat, so bet.

River bet/call is solid.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The [censored] way u played this hand you def call the raise but learn the game. If you cant inflate a pot under these circumstances, pawn off your computer and get a new hobby like stamp collecting to replace poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol.

So out of line.

It doesn't matter how good you are or that you're right about the hand. Try to imagine saying that to his face without sounding like an arrogant douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was meant more playful than that, and I would say that in person but i guess it would be more clear its playful

[/ QUOTE ]

it sounded playful to me