Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Unconfirmed rumor regarding Chexx Inc

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] Chexx Mix, theyve been reducing the amount of garlic bagel crisps in each bag for years now. Youre lucky to get 3 these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and once they took the peanuts out of the Cheddar Chexx Mix, that's when I quit...I mean, now the fish won't go to the trouble to buy it, so all the sharks will sit around eating each others snacks, until we gradually just lose all our crumbs to the couch cushions (unless you're on WSEX...then you sit on the floor).
Old 01-31-2007, 07:06 PM

Answer form UB

Kevin,

Chexx is still available, and any changes will be announced. Please be informed that any withdrawal methods changed will be replaced. Should you still wish, you may withdraw funds by requesting a check. The check can be requested from “My Account”, and is displayed as CHEXX in the menu.

We expect to implement more withdrawal methods that are timelier and convenient by the end of the week and will announce any formal changes soon.

Thomasina

Withdrawals Support
Old 01-31-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello davebreal,

Thank you for your email.

At present, we are continuing to send cheques to US based players, and
we plan to continue doing so without any problems. We use multiple
cheque processors and do not expect any interruption in the provision
of service to our US players.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess it's still game on for me, but I'm really nervous about having my bank cash large poker checks in the near future.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:21 PM

Having worked for PokerStars, I had a chance to confirm the multiple payment processors for checks with one of the senior-level employees there (Ellis).

He confirmed that they indeed do use multiple check processors and that no disruption in service is anticipated. The accounting and deposits team at PokerStars is arguably the most efficient department within the company in my opinion, and I have full faith in them to continue servicing US players with multiple options.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Having worked for PokerStars, I had a chance to confirm the multiple payment processors for checks with one of the senior-level employees there (Ellis).

He confirmed that they indeed do use multiple check processors and that no disruption in service is anticipated. The accounting and deposits team at PokerStars is arguably the most efficient department within the company in my opinion, and I have full faith in them to continue servicing US players with multiple options.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the exact same email that was posted up there from "Ellis." I responded asking to know if I can get a 100 % guarantee that my money will be sent quickly and efficiently after 2/2. If they say yes to this, I'll trust them.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have full faith in them to continue servicing US players with multiple options

[/ QUOTE ]

but can we have full faith in US banks to process these checks going forward? without delays?
Old 01-31-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the exact same email that was posted up there from "Ellis." I responded asking to know if I can get a 100 % guarantee that my money will be sent quickly and efficiently after 2/2. If they say yes to this, I'll trust them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know - Ellis gave me the standard form letter, but elaborated further with regard to the multiple payment processors and said that there should be no problems going forward.

Obviously I can't guarantee the safety of your money since I don't work there anymore, but I would certainly bet on it.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have full faith in them to continue servicing US players with multiple options

[/ QUOTE ]

but can we have full faith in US banks to process these checks going forward? without delays?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's always going to be delays when the checks are drawn from foreign bank accounts or tied into them - it's pretty standard, unfortunately. A hold on the money until the check clears the US clearinghouses should take 3-5 business days and nothing more.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:30 PM

I don't understand. Even if all the check-drafting companies fell through, wouldn't ePassporte still work?
Old 01-31-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand. Even if all the check-drafting companies fell through, wouldn't ePassporte still work?

[/ QUOTE ]

It works today, but will it work 30, 90, or 180 days from now?