Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: The 2 Week Notice

I gave my two weeks and got the same reactions that were listed.

Many instantly told me that they were looking for a new job also and then used me as a forum to discuss all the things they hated about the company since I became someone on the "outside" after giving notice.

Some older folks talked about risks they wished they took but cant now because they are stuck (family, mortgages, procrastination, lack of skills to get something better)

No one from upper management really wanted my opinion on what I was critical of the company I was leaving, which is a shame and also leads to their high turnover recently.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:30 PM

When I gave 2 weeks at my last job they cut my pay. When I asked about it they said it was a mistake and they would fix it. It was obv. done on purpose and was never fixed. My bosses were douche bags the last two weeks but most of my coworkers were cool about it although jealous. I did plenty during my last two weeks to punish them for the pay cut.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Be honest, don't get personal, but let them know.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you go about being honest and not getting personal when you think one of your bosses is a [censored] and a bitch?

Boss: So, why are you leaving?
Me: Because Debbie (another partner) is a [censored].
Boss: I agree. Take care.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are ways to damn with faint praise. Spell it out like it is. I basically told my manager that the upper management had set up a favorite son/bastard son hierarchy within the company, with sales/marketing as the favorite and everything else as not being important. Easily visible, especially through promotions.

I wouldn't sugarcoat, but don't do like some guys I know who said, "I think X has mental issues." At that point the interviewer has now discounted EVERYTHING you just said, regardless of validity.