Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Phil Ivey Gossip

[ QUOTE ]
Devil- if you think due diligence was not taken in this bet you would have a hard time finding a game with an overwhelming majority of the people who actually play nassaus/skins.
Blairs post only applies if at all to a certain select few people who have decided that no rules that pertain to how the real world treats golf apply at all.

"Lack of due diligence" only applies if the participants in the bet think it does. It is pretty obvious that Marc thinks a line has been crossed. How do you reconcile that? He's just bitter?

Blair, I am curious. Since lying is apparently perfectly fine when asked a precise question, is there any line at all that is drawn? For instance what if one person pulls a firearm on another player on the course. How about if he shoots him in the leg on the second hole?
Seems like a good way to gain an edge no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of lean this way on the situation. A line was crossed, and despite what others may think, I believe (assuming the story is true, of course) that Ivey would, and should, have trouble finding action in the future. One thing is for sure, people will be less likely to believe him when he talks about his game. In fact, his credibility will be damaged in all things by this, if the story is true.

ONe thing I note - Daniel N. said a couple of times on HSP that people he golfed with kept shooting the 'round of their life' against him. My guess is that, since both Phil and DN started golf at the same time, many of the more experienced golf husters in the poker world have beat them for some pretty good money over the last couple of years, and I suspect that they've been lied to many times. Maybe Phil was just getting some of his money back. If that's the case, maybe we're in a grey area.

Either way, the bet has to be payed off. I think that's a given no matter what.