Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 10:59 AM

Default 40-80 turn question

40-80 Borgata. First hand. I post behind the button. 3 limpers, I check with A8o. Button raises, blinds call and we all call. Good game.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Checks to the button who bets. SB calls, others fold, I call. Button is laggy asian. SB is a TAG who is has some decent play.

Turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB checks. Button seems to like his hand. Is this a clear checkraise or can I lead?
Old 01-31-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: 40-80 turn question

bet/reraise. checking through will be so pain. charge draw. likely will be check through on that board with 3-way pot if button does not have a made hand.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:38 AM

I check raise depending on how laggy this guy is. you posted so he has to fear an eight if you bet so most won't raise you with just a decent two pair.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:54 AM

I would prefer to bet this flop.Even though it is unlikely that your 8's are good at this point,with 14 small bets in the pot,it's a good idea to give button a chance to raise you to possibly clean up your A kicker & put pressure on draws,imo.As it happens,when you luckily hit the 8,you could then lead the turn & your hand would be hidden because of your flop bet.

As played,I would prefer to try for a check-raise on the turn since button is laggy & he would probably be encouraged to bet the turn since the he was able to narrow the field so much with his flop bet.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's a good idea to give button a chance to raise you to possibly clean up your A kicker

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about?
Old 01-31-2007, 12:10 PM

This is a weird spot. As mentioned, really depends on how laggy he is. If he is always firing here then I might check/raise. If all I know is that he open raises a lot of hands then I will bet out.

Honestly - I would say it depends on if he is up or down a lot. If he's up a lot I would go for the check/raise, just because he most likely has a lot of momentum and is winning a bunch of pots.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: 40-80 turn question(Re:Bakku)

Quote,Bakku:"What are you talking about?"

You're right,of course.I just lost my mind for a moment.I do this frequently.lol.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: 40-80 turn question(Re:Bakku)

I would just bet out & give him a chance to raise you. Usually, laggy asian dudes like to raise. If he has some wits about him though, he may just check behind if you go for a check/raise. Some really smart players might expect a c/r in this spot...so throw'em a curve.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Results

Thanks for the replies. I was fairly certain the button would bet; I checkraised, trapping the SB in between for 2 bets. The river was a heart which completed the flush. The SB went all in for $20. I just called and the button called as well... SB had J9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. The button showed KQ and after the hand told me he would have raised the turn had I bet.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:27 AM

I think I'd bet into this type of player on the flop - you may have the best hand and he will likely raise whether you do or not, making it a heads-up confrontation. Play well from there.

Jeff