Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Want her to eat your ass?
yes 153 33.12%
no 309 66.88%
Voters: 462. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2007, 03:55 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" Poker After Dark thread (week 5)

Hellmuth just said: "the world gets to see how great I play this week" HAHA, fell out of my chair
Old 01-31-2007, 04:55 AM

LOL at Laak..."tomfoolery"
Old 01-31-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This week will be the halfway mark of what looks to be Poker After Dark's run on NBC.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, do you have inside info on what you insinuate is a one and done season for PAD? If so, what is the likeliest cause for impending cancellation:
Old 01-31-2007, 07:22 AM

FYI: Barack Obama is NOT an atheist as Eric Siedel thought. He is a member of Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:04 AM

honestly, the PAD format is great. let the players talk, and when we've got all quiet people, or people whose personalities don't mesh well, then just have Ali be hilarious.

I immensely enjoy PAD.

Also, Shana is quite the attractive lady.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:52 AM

My favorite PAD moment before this was last week when Hellmuth was leaving the table and Ivey said, "That's OK, Phil, you can trap me next time we play." Now it's when superskank Jennifer said she wouldn't vote for an atheist and then The Invisible Person In The Sky punished her by giving Esfandiari the four on the river. Way to go, TIPITS.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My favorite PAD moment before this was last week when Hellmuth was leaving the table and Ivey said, "That's OK, Phil, you can trap me next time we play." Now it's when superskank Jennifer said she wouldn't vote for an atheist and then The Invisible Person In The Sky punished her by giving Esfandiari the four on the river. Way to go, TIPITS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get it right, blasphemer. It was the Flying Spaghetti Monster that sealed her fate.

And while I'm getting my hate on for Jennifer, I must note that in all of those Full Tilt commericials during the shot at the end while everyone else is looking normal or like they're having fun, she looks like she's got a weasel stuck up her butt. I used to feel sorry for her . . .
Old 01-31-2007, 01:08 PM

I love the "To the End of the Poker Boom" toast in the middle. For once I was with the announcer.

Phil Laak is annoying again. He had a small pile of goodwill from his anti-prop talk in HSP but blew that last episode.

Shame Eric's timing was bad.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Laak is annoying again. He had a small pile of goodwill from his anti-prop talk in HSP but blew that last episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil is great in the same way that David Gray is great. They're both super intelligent guys who have malfunctioning filters between their brains and their mouths. As a result, you get a direct look into whatever weird (but often brilliant) stuff that is going on in their minds without the benefit of what you might call social grace.

That makes most people want to shoot themselves in the ears rather than listen to them, but I happen to find it really entertaining in both cases, as unpopular as that may be.

It's different in the case other infamous loudmouths, like Matusow. He's interesting enough, but I don't think his intellect is as high powered as Laak's or Gray's, so his act gets much more tired much more quickly for me.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:21 PM

I believe the qualifier on FTP to get a seat on Poker After Dark is not until late April. So, they are obviously still going to be filming episodes until then. I don't know how long the show is going to air, but it can't be the halfway point now.