Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2006, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Andy Beal is Back!!!

yay someone from the bluff message board...

[ QUOTE ]
and oh... you say todd brunson isnt playing because hes not a morning person. poor todd. way to go. sleep till noon while you seventy two year old dad goes to battle. ill have to bring up todd and his inability to compete in the a.m. hours next time someone tells me poker players are atheletes. hey todd wanna make a couple a million before lunch? no thanks man ima seep.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-13-2006, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

and oh... you say todd brunson isnt playing because hes not a morning person. poor todd. way to go. sleep till noon while you seventy two year old dad goes to battle. ill have to bring up todd and his inability to compete in the a.m. hours next time someone tells me poker players are atheletes. hey todd wanna make a couple a million before lunch? no thanks man ima seep.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell if you are joking or not, but according to pievegas's profile, she is actually Lisa Wheeler, the writer from Cardplayer doing the Beal updates. Her and pdparv (Bluff magazine writer doing the Beal updates) have been going at it all day.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't tell if you are joking or not, but according to pievegas's profile, she is actually Lisa Wheeler, the writer from Cardplayer doing the Beal updates. Her and pdparv (Bluff magazine writer doing the Beal updates) have been going at it all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, at one another's throats. Truth be told, I've been enjoying that aspect of the coverage. Media war, anyone?
Old 02-13-2006, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Todd is a certified badass. Do not question him.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:06 AM

at this level, all advantages are important. playing on less sleep then usual while historically not functioning too well in the morning is enough to have another player of nearly equal skill play in your stead.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:47 AM

I think cardplayer is trying to save some face after Bluff had the live updates last time and I believe Cardplayer had something last week about AB being done with poker for good, which is suprising since members of the corp. have had ties with Cardplayer for a long time. I agree that some of the updates are fluff from Bluff(haha), but the numbers appeared to be right last time and they were giving updates on a regular basis, unlike the industry leader for so long.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:16 AM

I'd like to reiterate my support for the OP and corp. I think that it is our duty as poker players to root for the best...nothing against Mr. Beal, but I'm hoping that eventually we'll hear: "Mr. Brunson, I have to let you go."

--GA
Old 02-13-2006, 11:28 AM

Well here I go. Everybody root hard and if religous at all please pray!!! To answer the questions that I'm sure will come as to why I'm playing in the morning this time....I've been up all night. Woke up at 7pm last night so it's not like I've been up for 24 hours or anything. This may be my last post, if I lose everyones money I may disappear in the Nevada desert.

Todd
Old 02-13-2006, 11:32 AM

Pie,

I cannot help but respond to your pathetic posts. Your professionalism is definatley lacking. You sit and tell everyone that you are sitting on the rail and your words are to be trusted? Give me a freaking break!

You (CP) were visibly abscent last time around when another one of your competitors was providing live updates, every day, all day long! How convienient is it for you to discuss this go around on ALL the message boards like you have uncovered the "Wholly Grail." Pathetic!

You then attack your competitor with idiotic statements because you know that once again you are a "Day Late."

When you post from now on, why dont you state......."I/CP are only reporting on the biggest event in poker because I/CP once again dropped the ball and now we are trying to cover our ass."

I think everyone sees throuigh your [censored]!
Old 02-13-2006, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well here I go. Everybody root hard and if religous at all please pray!!! To answer the questions that I'm sure will come as to why I'm playing in the morning this time....I've been up all night. Woke up at 7pm last night so it's not like I've been up for 24 hours or anything. This may be my last post, if I lose everyones money I may disappear in the Nevada desert.

Todd

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear God,

Please keep Todd awake enough to flop quads in the biggest game in history. Please let him drink water and no caffine in order to stay fresh. Please don't let him get capped by Minh Ly and left in a shallow grave outside of Barstow. Also, please tell Peter Angelos to trade Sammy Sosa.

Thanks for listening/existing,

I love this forum.
--GA