Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: The Well - gergery

[ QUOTE ]
biggest win?

[/ QUOTE ]

I won a $26k pot not so long ago (13k profit).

[ QUOTE ]
biggest loss?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ran bad/played bad to drop 12k (6 buyins at 10-20 in under an hour. dropped 15k in 15 hands at end of long session once. but i generally am decent at avoiding big tilty downswings.

[ QUOTE ]
session

[/ QUOTE ]

i had 12k stacks at the two $10-20 tables at party once for a +22k day, and ran up +26k at one point in 3 hours another time before giving some back
Old 01-26-2007, 12:10 PM

Say you are at a loose passive table, most hands with a lot of limpers. Do you ever raise PF with high only hands and if so are you more likely to raise in a late position if at all?
Old 01-26-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One specific question. Say you are playing 15/30 LO8, so the BB is $15 and SB is $10. If you are the SB, should you almost always complete in an unraised pot with any 4 junks (except quads and trips in your hand) since hands run so close in value preflop and it just costs you 1/3 of the SB to see the flop (given that you know that BB is not a very aggressive player)?

[/ QUOTE ]

no. some people think you have 5:1 odds, and almost no hand is that big a dog so you should complete. but reality is sometimes your opponent will raise preflop so now you're risking 20 to win 40, and a fair amount you don't get paid on the hands that hit but pay off on hands that miss due to positional disadvantage and fact that you're playing crappy cards. so your odds are in reality much worse than 5:1.
I'd fold a range of hands that are next level up from trips (hands like 38JKr, 499Kr etc.) and raise a bunch of other hands instead of calling with them. but i'd still be playing lots of hands, just not virtually all of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would almost never fold 499K in an unraised pot from SB position. Assume there's just one limper, you are putting another $5 to a $40 pot so you are getting 1 to 8, and the chance of hitting the set is 1:7.5 plus you may also hit some magic flops as well.

I think you were assuming there's no one else entered the pot (just sb vs bb). I was talking about there's at least one limper in an unraised pot. With any raiser then it's an easy fold for the junk hands.

But I think it's right to fold the junks if there's no one else enters the pot. Especially if the BB is either a tough opponent (hard to play post flop) or a call station (no fold equity). And yeah in reality at the 15/30 level more players tend to enter the pot by raisings.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its Lucky Chances that has that game going. Thats what Dennis, their floorman told me a few months ago. And Markgritter played there last week. I think the bay101 10/20 goes less frequently

[/ QUOTE ]

So I am here in the Bay Area for a few days for business and head over to LC last night. At about 9 PM, the list for 10/20 was 12 people long and not moving; and the list for 4/8 was about 25 people long, and again not moving. One table of each going. WTF?
Old 01-26-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Playing for half the pot is one of the biggest. Here someone playing PLO8$10-20 needs to post to ask if he should continue when he'd be risking his stack ($1300) to win half the pot ($75). and he gets someone to advise him to do it.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone seriously posting in other forums like the highstakes NL forum "guy bets into me, i'm thinking about laying him 18:1 odds for my stack, should i do it?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi there. I'm partially being made an example of here as the retard who "advised him to do it". I'd like to pick your brain about some things that are loosely based on the above thread.

Q: How often, if ever, do you bluff in position preflop?

Q: If you do, is it in an attempt to steal blinds or to set up a turn or river bluff?

Q: Do you ever bluff post flop if you feel your opponent may only have a weak low/weak high or are you more apt to instantly throw in the towel?

Q: How often do you mix up your play, if at all?

Q: With what type of hands are you mixing it up?

Q: How large a part of your play is multi-level thinking or do you play solely based on your cards?

Q: Do you feel that the speed that an opponent acts when calling or raising can provide you with any added information about their hand? Please explain.

Thanks.

G O N E F O R E V E R
Old 01-26-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Q: How often, if ever, do you bluff in position preflop? Q: If you do, is it in an attempt to steal blinds or to set up a turn or river bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

i do a fair amount of the time, usually to steal blinds right there and rarely to set up future bluffs

[ QUOTE ]
Q: Do you ever bluff post flop if you feel your opponent may only have a weak low/weak high or are you more apt to instantly throw in the towel?

[/ QUOTE ]

sure i'll bluff if i can push him off it. but you don't want to do it too often and you want outs if you're wrong. hand i quoted you have 0% chance to scoop unless he folds -- its a pure bluff, not even a semi-bluff.

[ QUOTE ]
Q: How often do you mix up your play, if at all? Q: With what type of hands are you mixing it up? Q: How large a part of your play is multi-level thinking or do you play solely based on your cards

[/ QUOTE ]

I always try to, with all my hands. my opponents should never be able to put on on a very narrow range if i've played it right. and since most of my opponent are good i should usually be multi-level thinking and never based SOLELY on my cards

[ QUOTE ]
Q: Do you feel that the speed that an opponent acts when calling or raising can provide you with any added information about their hand? Please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but its opponent specific. sometimes they'll make long pause then bet, i raise, they reraise fast -- almost always a monster. sometimes they bet very fast on river when all draws miss, often thats bluff. etc.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:00 PM

What are some good winrates (bb/100) at low/medium stakes games for an average player? Limit and PL. I'm assuming it is easier to have a higher win rate at PL.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:39 AM

Favorite ace cracking hand?