Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Am I developing FPS??

A recent good run of results in live MTT's has ended for me in the last 3 tournys i've played. Each time i think I busted as a result of overthinking and then misplaying some key hands. comments on the following appreciated:

Hand 1: £30 freezout

I was average in chips at 10k with 15 players remaining but 3rd on my table. villain had 15k. playing 8 handed, blinds 300-600.

Folds to me in th co with A9o
I raise to 1500.
villain calls from sb
bb folds

flop 664r (pot t2100)
villain checks
I bet 2k
he raises t4k and I push.

I push here as the villain seems a solid fairly straight forward player who would raise out of the blind with a big hand.he has made the odd move post flop before but nothing like this. I can't put him on a hand here other than maybe 77-99 here, so i try to represent a big pair to him.

Hand 2: freezeout stage of £5 rebuy

I'm slightly below average after taking a big hit to villain a few hands previous where we both hit straights. No real read on him thus far except hes pretty solid preflop. I have 8k and he has about 18k. blinds 200-400 playing 8 handed.

folds to me on button with QJ, i raise t1k
villain flat calls from sb
bb folds

flop AJ6o (pot t2400)
villain insta-pushes
I can't think of a hand that he would ever do this with that has me beat except maybe KJ or 66??
I call as i think hes fos but do i really need to take on the bigstack here with such a marginal hand and am i overthinking the villains thought process

Hand 3: £20 fo
co has 12k
me (sb) has 6k
bb has 2k
blinds are 50-100

folds to co who is a v. good player. he raises t400
i call from sb with 88 (???)
bb moves allin for ~2k

bb is v wild and donkish. me and co know this and are prob both ahead of him.

co flat calls
i think and move all in for slightly less than 4k more attempting to isolate the donk in the bb.

The flat call from co looks weak so i try to trap his dead money in the pot. However i didnt think about the considerable odds the co would be getting.

thoughts on these hands and my thought processes appreciated
Old 01-30-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Am I developing FPS??

[ QUOTE ]
I was average in chips at 10k with 15 players remaining but 3rd on my table. villain had 15k. playing 8 handed, blinds 300-600.

Folds to me in th co with A9o
I raise to 1500.
villain calls from sb
bb folds

flop 664r (pot t2100)
villain checks
I bet 2k
he raises t4k and I push.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he's got to call 4500 into a 11600 pot (note that your calculation of the pot on the flop is off) ... what part of his checkraising range is folding here getting 2.5-1?
Old 01-30-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Am I developing FPS??

errm, none [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. when i was in the hand i didnt think like this and just thought "he was weak, il push him off" etc etc. Looking at this and hand 3 i think i have a serious leak here live as i dont consider stack sizes as much as online. Any other criricisms appreciated as i feel my games falling apart atm.