Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 03:58 AM

Default Re: My New Website

Thanks for the input Warbus. Should I make the ads the same color as the background? Is it still messed up on the Rep and Dem page?

As for the blog idea, I do intent to use it for a blog once I get everything else working correctly. I'm planning to eventually add either comments or a simple forum section for discussion.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:14 AM

The Rep and Dem pages are fixed in IE now.

I would consider making the footer ad backgrounds the same as the page backgrounds and the right sidebar ad background the same colour as the left sidebar and navigation bar background . The Google Pack image ad is a little ugly and irrelevant in my opionion, and makes your page look "ad'dy".

Also I would increase the padding around your content to increase legibility. I would consider making your title at the top a link to your home page.

I see you left navigation bar is slightly different on some pages; I would look into PHP includes to include your common header and navigation bars sitewide. It's an easy technology to learn, and it makes it easy to update common elements sitewide. You'd have to set up your web server to parse .html files with its PHP parser though.

Good start to a website.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the input Warbus. Should I make the ads the same color as the background? Is it still messed up on the Rep and Dem page?

As for the blog idea, I do intent to use it for a blog once I get everything else working correctly. I'm planning to eventually add either comments or a simple forum section for discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really shouldn't worry much about adsense right now. Get the site fixed up, get some content, update daily, get some visitors, then worry about how to make money from it. The adsense background color doesn't matter if no one sees it.

Your Dem, Rep, and About Me are still messed up in IE.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:21 AM

This guy asked in my forum about a side by side comparison of the candidates on the different issues. A quick google search couldn't find one, so you might want to add that.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:53 PM

IE it looks like this at school and at home. I think the content should be at the top of the page.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:47 PM

Hmm it definitely should be at the top. I wonder why its doing that. It works fine for me. Is it all pages?
Old 01-30-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm it definitely should be at the top. I wonder why its doing that. It works fine for me. Is it all pages?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks fine in IE now for me.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:22 PM

Its like that with both the democrat and republican pages. Ive tried it on my computer at home and 3 at school and it is the same. Im using IE for all of them.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:24 AM

Lord, go ahead and post your site in my forum. I'd PM this to you, but you turned off PM. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 02-07-2007, 02:24 AM

Looks good. The name of the game is going to be content content content.

here's your competition