Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 01:22 PM

Default where should i start

hi guys just joined the forums looking for your opinion on some things i so far have tried to deposit money in poker stars but it declined my visa i am a US player and thier doesn't seem to be any other fast deposit method so i moved over to absolute poker in hopes it would allow my visa it was not declined but i received a pre authorized deposit email saying that i needed to call to verify so i did several times and have wrote 3 emails to there cashier support, i have yet to talk to a representative so i am here to ask where do u play, who has the easiest deposit/withdraw process for US players?
Old 01-30-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: where should i start

I don't really know what site would be best for you I guess it depends on what games and limits you like to play but when you post here could you use some periods and like punctuation and maybe even a paragraph or something it would make your posts much easier to read if you really want to play on absolute you will have to talk to the customer support on the phone to get your first deposit approved you will need to wait on hold long enough on the phone for them to answer or it will not work ub bodog pokerstars are also some other sites you can try but like i said it depends on what kind of games you are looking to play because all the sites are kind of different
Old 01-30-2007, 01:32 PM

Credit cards generally do not work at any site (since four years ago). The Absolute Poker thing is a waste of time; the cashier will only tell you that your Credit Card does not allow gaming purchases.

I've been using the same ATM card for 4 years and it works at every site (Wells Fargo). Also, I had NETELLER, which made things a lot easier when I wanted to move money in between sites.

Now, I am waiting for things to shake out a bit before deciding which e-wallet I will get.

There are many threads here that will help you answer your question.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:15 PM

ok so credit card looks like it is out i do have a check card some where lol i\guess ill try that ty
Old 01-30-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really know what site would be best for you I guess it depends on what games and limits you like to play but when you post here could you use some periods and like punctuation and maybe even a paragraph or something it would make your posts much easier to read if you really want to play on absolute you will have to talk to the customer support on the phone to get your first deposit approved you will need to wait on hold long enough on the phone for them to answer or it will not work ub bodog pokerstars are also some other sites you can try but like i said it depends on what kind of games you are looking to play because all the sites are kind of different

[/ QUOTE ]

Onehelluvarunonsentencenicejob.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:56 PM

can anyone tell me if PS will accept a check card, its a PNC bank check card backed by VISA, i dont know where the hell i put it ill prob have to get another one so if anyone knows if it will work ahead of time that will be great cuz im sure this is going to be a pain to get another card, i love how im so organized lol
Old 01-30-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like this is English class, you are an [censored] for correcting him
Old 01-30-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like this is English class, you are an [censored] for correcting him

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not an English class, but being able to communicate is a valuable skill. You get better answers when you ask questions well. Cardcounter was not rude but, in a humorous way, informed the OP that posts with punctuation are easier to read. He also answered the OP's question.

psw
Old 01-30-2007, 11:09 PM

UB and BoDOG still take Western Union. You have to first call them and tell them you want to WU money to them. They will then give you person who to send it too. Then you can call WU and do it on the phone by credit card. WU will give you a confirmation number and final step is call pokersite and give them the confirmation number and money is in your account in a few minutes. I know bodog will eat the western union fee, not a bad deal at all. This is the easiest way to deposit.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Credit cards generally do not work at any site (since four years ago). The Absolute Poker thing is a waste of time; the cashier will only tell you that your Credit Card does not allow gaming purchases.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Absolute works anything like UB (and I understand there's now common ownership or at least an affiliation), then the following is going to happen when you call them after having your CC deposit declined:

They'll take your CC info over the phone and tell you that your card will be accepted from then on. When you attempt another CC deposit with that same CC, it'll work. This is because UB set it up so when you submit the deposit info, the CC is charged by a "legit" company. Pretty clever, but how long until THEY find out...?

I made one deposit this way and haven't had to reload. I hope my CC is still hooked up though.