FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: on the button after the CO open-limps
Fold 0 0%
Call 6 28.57%
Raise 15 71.43%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Nash Vs Magic?

Thremp: Nash passes up his own shot many times, I think he is slightly overrated, but few people are as good as making the players around him better like he can. His increasing his scoring average doesn't mean he isn't helping out the other players on his team immensely.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:12 PM

magic by a mile
Old 01-31-2007, 11:21 AM

Nash isn't overrated, he's totally deserving of another MVP award if he keeps playing the way he has so far this year.

That being said, Magic >>>>>>>>>> Nash. 6'9", matchup nightmare, great ballhandler, can post you up, run the break, shoot, pass, play defense, you name it. Ask any GM in the world who they'd rather have and they'd say Magic.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just don't see with the current crop of NBA players how anyone can say that any player in the NBA helps his team win more than Nash, which is in my opinion what makes a player good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Nash is a great player, but this just isn't true. Take Nash off the Suns and they are still a playoff team. Take Lebron off the Cavs and they don't even come close

[/ QUOTE ]

Take KG off the Wolves or Kobe off the Lakers and both teams are some of the worst in the league. Nash has never deserved MVP although he has been in the top 5 each year. Nash has a very solid supporting cast who work well with Nash's style and is more replaceable than KG,Lebron,Kobe,Dirk. LeBron absolutely dominated stats-wise last year and should have won MVP (http://www.82games.com/lewin2.htm).

Nash's teams will consistently underperform (from their regular season play) in the playoffs because their style of play is unable to be as effective in a playoff series. I enjoy watching Nash play but he just can't compare to the other very top players in the league.