Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

I am leaving for Puerto Plata this Sunday for work. Anything I should see or do while I'm there? Will the super bowl be widely televised there? I will be there for 7 nights total and will probably have 3 days off. Will work from approx 9 to 4.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

I went there for Spring Break last year. I'd highly recommend taking a tour of the area that includes a waterfall climbing package. If I remember right, it was insanely cheap ($30 for the whole day). The rest of the stuff on the tour is pretty entertaining ([censored] fights, cigar rolling, getting a good meal and free rum), but the waterfalls are absolutely amazing. As a disclaimer, half our group decided to climb only 2 out of the 7 falls because they were too old, and they are not easy to climb. Unless you're like 50+ I wouldn't worry about it, though.

At the end you jump off a 10m high waterfall. I highly recommend you take this option instead of sliding down the chute, unless you enjoy slamming into rocks mid-air at high speeds.

EDIT: The censored word is rooster.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:29 PM

Oh, to answer your Super Bowl question, you should be able to watch it somewhere. Our hotel rooms had the major networks. I ended up watching far too many March Madness games than I probably should have.

If your room doesn't have a TV, or you want to watch it with a group, there's a restaurant/bar called Roadway that will probably show it. I'm not 100% sure though.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:31 PM

I highly recommend staying here. Its owned by a friend's family and is incredibly nice.

They've got a ton of tours listed on the website. I definitely recommend the jeep tour and the catamaran was nice, too.

Old 01-30-2007, 02:01 PM

Looks nice, but I'm already booked at the Lifestyles Tropical on the same beach. My place has mixed reviews but they just renovated so hopefully it's ok.