Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 11:49 PM

Default The State of PLO at high, mid, and lower stakes since Neteller issues

I logged onto Stars, and before I could scroll all the way down to the 10c/25c games, I noticed that there were 6 of $25/$50 tables going. I guess I don't really track it, but that seems to be pretty healthy? Any noticeable change in the games?

Down at the 10c/25c the games seem to have gotten a little bit tighter since the Neteller arrests/pullout. It's not like it totally dried up, but it seems like there are fewer people that just show up and quickly dump a lot of money on the the table quickly. Pot sizes are probably down a bit too.

How about the mid-level stake games....any noticeable difference?
Old 01-30-2007, 12:07 AM

Default Re: The State of PLO at high, mid, and lower stakes since Neteller issues

the 25/50 tables have definitely been more active as of late. I rarely used to see more than 2 full tables and/or 3-4 total tables being played on. I have been busy with school starting up and have not been playing much lately so I haven't been paying attn to mid-level games.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Re: The State of PLO at high, mid, and lower stakes since Neteller issues

on ft, the 2/4 games have been awesome. (atleast today they were, +6k )

the 3/6-5/10 havnet been running as often as id hope. id really wanna see more 3/6 coming up soon...this whole online poker slowing downt hting is depressing.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:08 AM

Pretty sure pot averages have been declining at the $100 level recently.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:12 AM

Default Re: The State of PLO at high, mid, and lower stakes since Neteller iss

Players at the mid to high stakes are the ones most likely to have enough money on a site to keep playing and without a need to make a deposit, barring a bad run. But the players at the lowest levels to the mid levels are the ones hurt by the funding crisis, and most likely to give up on online poker. The poker economy requires a steady progression of stakes and the ability to either move up and make it, or move up and blow it and then restart, plus the addition of donkament winnings and the funds of rich gamblers.

So the bottom line is that it takes a while for effects to percolate up past the mid levels, but it eventually will if the problems aren't worked out and the steady stream of mostly losing lowest stakes players maintained.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:15 AM

Pot averages are down around 25%, tables down. If I stick to Stars, i notice probably 25% fewer tables. I used to be able to find at least 6 tables at any time with either 30bb avg pot or above 60%VPIP, now I'm running closer to 2 ($100 or $200 tables).

Bodog used to have between 3-5 tables of the above criteria, now is running 1-2. Doyles used to have around 1-2, now 0. FT seems unaffected, but I've never liked FT.

I'm playing less and less, becasue its not fun sitting at tables with 15bb avgs. Something needs to change very quickly, or the wheels are going to fall off this thing.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:23 AM

Tons of shortstacks at .10-.25 on UB. Blows.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:25 AM

At most times, I'm seeing little change in 50PLO & 100PLO at Stars.(BTW. I play 90% 6max. So that's a consideration?)
Yes. Some times are better than others. But still seem pretty juicy.

As a side note. I did notice while waiting for higher tables to open, that 25 plo seemed a lot tighter.

And yes also. There are a lot of short buys all around. At Stars, FTP,& UB
Old 01-30-2007, 10:43 AM

They introduced the 6 max tables just before the neteller pullout, so it is difficult to paint an accurate before and after picture.

That being said, there still seem to be plenty of bad players in the 1/2 PLO on stars, and during the day (US) there are about 5 - 6 tables going and 12 - 15+ in primetime.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:19 AM

Party was freaking insane all day yesterday and it appears to have kept up this morning. Is there a holiday in the UK right now or something?