Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Weekly movie discussion thread.

[ QUOTE ]
Spicy,

First off, nobody can question your integrity when you give Stealth over a 6. I think you should, however, reveal how many extra bonus points you gave the movie just because it had a talking plane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo,

i will admit to giving it about 2.8 extra scorejust because of Jessica Biels boobs. However, this talking plane, did have a really gay sounding voice. So given that fact that it was talking, the sound just made it a non-factor in this movie. However this talking plane did download every single mp3 off the internet, that probarbly prompted a 0.4 bump in the score right there.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:40 AM

In the past few weeks :

The Pursuit Of Happyness

I thought this was a good film. I know it has been labelled "The Pursuit Of An Oscar", but I think Wil Smith plays the role really well... Bearing in mind its based on a true story, and the ending is pretty much a given, I still think its a good film..

The Last King Of Scotland

Not the sort of film I would normally go to see...But extremely entertaining and gives an insight into what was really going on inside of Idi Amins head.... Forrest Whittaker ftw on the Best Actor front at the Oscars...

Apocalypto

OMFG - Awesome....Possibly one of the cest films I have seen at the cinema in a very long time...Even though it was in subtitles - The action is relentless...Mel Gibson = WOW !

Blood Diamond

Leo has surprised me again with this role....And along with The Departed has shown that he can do the more gritty acting...I thought this was a harrowing film as it told a story that is often untold....I won't post no spoilers, but throughout the film, you really have no idea what is going to happen...That and Jennifer Connelly is definitely worth leaving Africa for....

Seen a few others this year as well, but Employee Of The Month is absolutely rubbish apart from J.Simpson's Breasts....and White Noise 2...Well lets just say was even more of a Joke... And Rocky Balboa was a fitting end to a great Saga...

Vava
Old 01-30-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the past few weeks :

The Pursuit Of Happyness

I thought this was a good film. I know it has been labelled "The Pursuit Of An Oscar", but I think Wil Smith plays the role really well... Bearing in mind its based on a true story, and the ending is pretty much a given, I still think its a good film..

Not the sort of film I would normally go to see...But extremely entertaining and gives an insight into what was really going on inside of Idi Amins head.... Forrest Whittaker ftw on the Best Actor front at the Oscars...

Apocalypto

OMFG - Awesome....Possibly one of the cest films I have seen at the cinema in a very long time...Even though it was in subtitles - The action is relentless...Mel Gibson = WOW !

Blood Diamond

Leo has surprised me again with this role....And along with The Departed has shown that he can do the more gritty acting...I thought this was a harrowing film as it told a story that is often untold....I won't post no spoilers, but throughout the film, you really have no idea what is going to happen...That and Jennifer Connelly is definitely worth leaving Africa for....

Seen a few others this year as well, but Employee Of The Month is absolutely rubbish apart from J.Simpson's Breasts....and White Noise 2...Well lets just say was even more of a Joke... And Rocky Balboa was a fitting end to a great Saga...

Vava

[/ QUOTE ]

vava...can u just imagine turning over in bed and seeing that face of Connelly. damn is she stunning. rest of her body is great too
Old 01-30-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In the past few weeks :

The Pursuit Of Happyness

Apocalypto

Blood Diamond

Vava

[/ QUOTE ]

vava...can u just imagine turning over in bed and seeing that face of Connelly. damn is she stunning. rest of her body is great too

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much every guy I know who is my age has this image from "Career Opportunities" burned into his skull.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:37 AM

luckofthedraw,

'Plus, I would have liked everything to end up being somewhat more magical and mystical.'

without giving anything away to others, didn't you think the movie itself and the ending were magical and mystical enough?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
luckofthedraw,

'Plus, I would have liked everything to end up being somewhat more magical and mystical.'

without giving anything away to others, didn't you think the movie itself and the ending were magical and mystical enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

The rest of the movie did have a cool enigmatic and mystical vibe to it, and I enjoyed it. But, I felt the ending retracted much of what I liked about the movie.

More in white:

<font color="white"> They really took away a lot of the mystery away by showing the schematics to the orange tree. It just reinforced the feeling that, when all was said and done, it was all still just clever smoke and mirrors. </font>
Old 02-09-2007, 08:28 PM

This is what I've seen lately. Note that I rate movies based on how much I enjoyed them, not necessarily how good they are in a critical sense.

8 1/2: While I'm not a big fan of foreign or older movies, I'd heard such great things about this film that I put it right at the top of my queue as soon as I got Netflix. It's very interesting and a little bizarre at times. The whole movie is dubbed over (in Italian), which I really disliked. It took away some of the emotion and the dubbing was done rather poorly - it was distracting even though I was reading the subtitles. While I wouldn’t put it up there with my favorite classics, I did enjoy it.

March of the Penguins: Fantastic! Admittedly, I'm somewhat of a sucker for animals and I watch the nature or discovery channels sometimes. But this was absolutely fascinating. The visuals are great, and their life story is amazing. It's also cool to see their human-like displays of affection towards mates and chicks. Plus they're fat, they waddle, and they fall over. Good times.

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind: This has been at the top of my "movies to see" list for a long time. Most of the movie is an actual profile of Barris - a lot less time is spent on his alleged CIA exploits than I thought there would be. Perhaps I just expected the wrong thing. While I was entertained, I was disappointed as well.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:20 PM

All,

I saw two movies in the last week that sucked hard.

One was The Benchwarmers starring Jon Lovitz, David Spade, Rob Schneider, and Napoleon Dynamite. Lovitz is the billionaire who sponsors those three guys to play for the rights of picked on nerd kids everywhere. It's a dumb premise and a dumb movie. However, half of it was on in the background when I was doing something else and I couldn't help but watch the rest. It was REALLY, REALLY, REALLY bad. Jon Heder plays the exact same character as in Napoleon Dynamite. David Spade plays a dorkier version of his standard character. JOn Lovitz plays the same guy he always plays. And Rob Schneider stretches a bit and plays a guy that is not part-animal or anything like that. The only positive thing about this movie is the two love interests, Molly Sims and Erinn Bartlett. They are hot.

Four Brothers was the other. This features Marky Mark and Andre Benjamin from Outkast, but it's not a musical. It's the sort of dumb movie I generally like involving shooting and revenge and lots of action. Except that the story was unbelievably stupid and the acting was even worse. Very, very bad. I will say that it was NOT QUITE as bad as the Benchwarmers.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
smokin aces was a lot worse than i thought it would be

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was a lot better than I thought it would be.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see Jersey Girl being anything above a 2.5 on a 1-5 scale.

It's just such a meh movie. It wasn't horrible, it wasn't great. It was just kinda there. Mostly it confirmed for me that Smith's really at his best making dick jokes and should avoid any attempt to be taken seriously or make a point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me... Jersey Girl is a 5+++ you get to see J.LO die.