Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 11:20 AM

Default ATo - TPTK 3b on turn

Villian is 55/25/2.2 over 40 hands, its dropped to 3-handed so AF might be higher here.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (3 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Comments on all streets welcome.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: ATo - TPTK 3b on turn

flop peels kinda marginal getting 8:1 with no backdoor draw. You probably cant give urself a clean 6 outs so with 4 or so ur not quite getting the expressed odds ud like. I think your implied odds are negative here as well, so its close but i think a fold even closing the action.

on the turn id probably want to check-raise but if u cant fold to a 3bet against this guy ur probably better off not doing it esp if hes the type who will bet the river with many worse hands very often.

Have u seen him make any spewey turn raises or 3bets? there are some real maniacs i wouldn't mind check-raising and calling down against at all but thats a small percent of the villain population.

if u call the turn u should probably call the river. The Kc is a terrible card though if u think hes likely to 3bet semi-bluff the turn (most wont but those stats are pretty damn lag). As any club flush KQ QJ KJ or KT just outdrew u.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:03 PM

Flop was pretty marginal, but his pfr/c-bet range seemed pretty wide open.

The turn was his least aggressive street in general, I'm thinking a fold here would have been the best place to do it.

The river was so ugly I wasn't sure to call that even after the turn call...

What other turn/river lines would be good options against someone who has been playing fairly aggressively? If the river were a blank?
Old 01-29-2007, 12:14 PM

I 3bang pf. The hand plays out differently from there.

As played, ugh, getting 3bet on the turn sucks, but you probably have outs to call the turn. Plus, there is a non-zero chance that a villain w/ those stats is just spewing. Once you get to the river, I guess it's a crying call since the pot has gotten big. I don't really like folding to a guy with these stats in a blind battle so I just wear my showdown hat.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:58 AM

i guess i would donk the turn and call down against a raise
Old 01-30-2007, 06:43 AM

Default Re: ATo - TPTK 3b on

3 bet preflop, 3 handed, LAG steal, ATo has plenty of equity. As played, I think you gotta donk this turn... theres just too many scary draws out there to let this check through, and villain has shown no sign of strength (a contination bet at a low dry flop isn't a sign of strength) (and if I'm villain with air, I take the free card most of the time), then probably call down. For those of you that say fold flop, maybe full ring but not 3 handed against a LAG, Id say A high would be the best hand on the flop maybe 30-40% of the time.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:13 AM

Easy 3-bet preflop against this player IMO

As played I dont mind the flop peel. Folding is weak against his range and raising prolly wont fold much on this board against this player. I will try to get to SD here a lot.

Nice turn. Most Lags 2'nd barrel so I c/r like you. The 3-bet doesnt mean you are beat. A lot of LAGs will 3 bet weaker T's here, so I just call down from there. That is a crappy river though helping a lot of the worse hands he 3 bet on the turn.