Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Read the players. Please help, thx.

I would appreciate some feedback on this hand. How well did the players do here and what do you think they had? 20/40 nine player live game.

Preflop: MP2 open raised, CO called, BTN 3-bets, blinds fold, MP2 caps, CO called, BTN called.

At this point I think we are looking at AA, KK and QQ.

Flop T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (11.5sb)

MP2 bet, CO called, BTN raised, MP2 reraised, CO called and BTN capped.

At this point I put the BTN on AA, MP2 on KK/QQ, and CO on a flush draw (QQ or maybe slowplaying TT) since he was just calling.

Turn T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (23.5 sb)

MP2 bet, CO called, BTN raised, MP2 called, CO called.

Now I am a little confused. If the BTN had AA it is risky to raise here? Someone could have a Ten, but I would expect a raise from a Ten. I still thinking AA for the BTN and KK for MP2. Two hearts then I think CO has a flush draw. I wonder if MP2 also has AA?

River 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (17 bb)

MP2 check, CO bet, BTN call, MP2 call.

Ah ha, the CO now bets. Maybe he has the Ten?

Pot (20 bb)

BTN showed A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
CO showed K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP2 mucked

I was rigth on the BTN's hand. MP2 just mucked and no one asked to see his hand.

How lucky did the CO get?

Thanks
Old 01-29-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Read the players. Please help, thx.

i didn't read your whole post cuz its weird...your initial hands ranges are waaaaaay too narrow...and on the flop a pair+flush draw isn't much dog to AA (don't know the percents, but i think its close to 55/45)...
Old 01-29-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i didn't read your whole post cuz its weird...your initial hands ranges are waaaaaay too narrow...and on the flop a pair+flush draw isn't much dog to AA (don't know the percents, but i think its close to 55/45)...

[/ QUOTE ]

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=2346167
pokenum -h ad ah - kh th -- ts 5h 3h
Holdem Hi: 990 enumerated boards containing Ts 5h 3h
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Ad Ah 552 55.76 438 44.24 0 0.00 0.558
Kh Th 438 44.24 552 55.76 0 0.00 0.442

I think he is asking what people think of the play overall and about the accuracy of his reads. For my part I don't think I'd get myself into CO's position in the first place but if I did I'd be betting and raising the turn. That's as far as I'm willing to go into it.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:09 AM

Without reads it's a little tough. There are not many players I would put on that tight a hand range preflop. Button's turn raise is fine. CO looks like a typical loose passive 20 player. His play is bad. Flops a big hand and doesn't jam the flop. Doesn't raise the turn to keep the button in. He probably always playes that way regardless of the situation. You got MP's hand right. He had a big pair
Old 01-30-2007, 12:33 AM

Thanks guys - It was an interesting hand to watch - I started with a wider range but when it was capped preflop I read AA and KK. I would like to have seen MP's hand but I am sure it was a big PP >Ten. The odds for AA va AA are 1308-1 so I am thinking KK. It does not matter much.

I was surprised by CO's hand. He was passive all along. I could not think that the BTN had AT or a set (5's capped?) which were the only hands that could beat him on the Turn and he should have put more money in the pot. Since the CO did not raise I guess the BTN thought he had the best hand since he was first to show. I think that the CO is a weak player. He cold called all along until the river. He missed a few bets since no one was folding with this pot. MP2 is pretty strong but I would think that he would put the BTN on AA or TT (capped flop?) and slow down some.

I narrowed my read as the hand progressed and I did not get that the CO had a Ten until he bet the river. BTN and MP2 I had down pretty well.

Watching this hand unfold will help me in the future.

Thanks again.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:20 AM

as far as rating the play, the only one that stuck out to me was CO. he played preflop poorly, unless UTG is super lag. then on the flop i beleive he should have pushed the action b/c of getting 2 callers for such a strong draw. and on the turn i have no idea y he didn't raise, c/r, bet, anything but call w/ such a strong hand and redraw.