Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: TIME

Yeah, you wouldn't worry if Neteller keeps changing their story by the hour? First, they said, yes,, we're still open, business as usual. Then they cut iff business completely in the US without warning.

Ohh you can get your money, its just a delay with EFT's of 2 to 3 weekd and checks will be delayed 6 to 8 weeks. Ohh ok, i'll take your word for it.

But you know what, you can still withdraw 1K per day with your NT card. Then...opps you can't do that either, but we dono't know why...thats what we were told to tell you...but we have no reason or explaination for you. And by the way there are no time frame for the EFTs or checks anymore. Could be 2 months, 6 months or even over a year, but we have no time frame.

I mean how much crap do we have to take from them before we start to question them, especially with no clear explaination.

As for the people who have a lot of money in there in the first place, don't you think they know how to diversify their risk? I had a really good run since December and couldn't withdraw my money from them fast enough, thus the large amount stuck in there. So don't try to judge others when you don't understand their exact situation.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Neteller cashout options seem fine...What am I missing????

I had an EFT pending for 10 days and cancelled it.
NEteller told me my neteller card would not be processed(sent) even though I ordered it a week ago. A neteller rep told me that it could be 2 months or 2 years before a check might be sent. She said she could not give a timetable.
Netellers story has changed frequently.
You trust them?
Old 01-29-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Neteller cashout options seem fine...What am I missing????

No, I never trusted them. Partially due to the BS Customer service which they might as well pipe directly out their ass.

So I would deposit into Neteller, monitor it, the instant the money was in Neteller, send it to a site. Going from a site, I would monitor Neteller, the instant it cleared, send the money to my bank.

When Neteller shut down, my neteller balance was $0, as it usually is, except for the few hours when a transaction was passing thru. My last transaction was like two days previous, if I had been caught by the shut down, it would have been for one transaction amount, and I assume I would have been in the top of the "pending" que.

Neteller is regulated by several Euro banking organizations, so your money is probably ultimately safer there than some shady operations or poker sites that have come and gone.

So if you paniced and requested EFTs after the shutdown (and then cancel, to add to the problem) or try to order a card for the quickest way to get your money off, instead of doing this a long time ago beforehand (my neteller card is two years old and unused). Then, yes, you are probably going to have problems and have to wait.

Instead of waiting a week or two, and seeing the peer-to-peer transfer stuff that is starting to get set up. Running with the panic herd is usually the least effective way to go.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:31 PM

My suggestion is to run as fast as you can and dump everything you have into epassporte. Ignore the horror stories on that "service". PANIC! now. Think later.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:06 PM

Ya, I guess your right. Let me be your financial advisor. Let me lie to you multiple times. I will keep your money and promise everything will be alright in the end. Don't panic. Just sit there impassive and uncurious as to why I am lying as your financial advisor.
Guess if the herd is running away from a pack of lions, its better to be a contrarian and face the lions.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:15 PM

Better yet, don't follow the herd into the path of a pack of lions in the first place, then you won't have to worry about running away.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:16 PM

" I assume I would have been in the top of the "pending" que."

lol
Old 01-30-2007, 01:03 AM

Just to give one more data point, the Neteller card worked fine for me this morning at Walmart just as it has for years. So some of you may want to try and get clarification as to why you can't get new cards, since while things may be unstable at the moment it's possible they're simply deluged and will right the ship reasonably quickly (at least as far as their atm cards are concerned).
Old 01-30-2007, 01:06 AM

ATM's only work if you have funds in them. As of the other day, you cannot transfer any more funds to the card.