Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Neteller says I owe them money.

I got an e-mail from neteller saying that they were unable to withdraw funds from my bank account (that they had already allowed me to transfer to a poker site). Although I requested the funds be taken from my bank over a week before they closed to US cunstomers, they failed to do it in time, and now are trying to get me to send them a money order "ASAP". What can they do if I don't comply? I never agreed to do anything of the sort, and it's their fault for not taking the money from my bank like they had done hundreds of times in the past. Any idea what they can do legally?
Old 01-29-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Neteller says I owe them money.

there is a similiar thread in the internet forum, and i posted that if i were in a similar situation, i'd arrange to transfer the money to a friend who has money in EFT limbo. I realise you're posting for a legal answer, and i'm not providing it, but I thought i'd chime in that I think it's not acceptable morally to try and keep the money, regardless of thier legal options.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:44 PM

You owe them a debt. Pay it.

Sure it's "their fault" they didn't take the money out in time but that has no bearing on what's right and what's wrong.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:50 PM

I know morally I have an obligation to pay them, but if they aren't paying people the money they owe them in a timely manner, why would I extend that courtesy to them? I figure I'll atleast wait until they start paying people. My question is what LEGAL consequences would be likely. I see none.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:53 PM

I am specifically not providing legal advice. However, you probably owe them the debt. Their difficulty in pulling the funds from your bank is not justification for you to have free money to which you're likely not entitled.

That said, the screwjob is theirs. You should not be liable for the cost of the money order, postage, etc. So why you don't offer them to send the money after they have disbursed you enough to cover the cost of the money order, mailing insurance, postage, etc. That's only fair.

The right thing to do is pay it back. But if you don't, I'm skeptical they have a lot of options, considering...um...they're not doing business in the US.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:53 PM

Rumor has it you will be reported to a collections agency.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:17 PM

what kind of low life even has to ask about these things? you owe money, you pay it. it is pretty simple.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:33 PM

I would call them and assure them that their money is safe and they can access their money through available withdrawal options. I would then inform them that unfortunately EFT are on hold at this time and that ATM cards cannot be loaded but their money is safe and they can withdraw when more options are available. Ask for several forms of ID and let them know it could take from 2 to 12 weeks.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call them and assure them that their money is safe and they can access their money through available withdrawal options. I would then inform them that unfortunately EFT are on hold at this time and that ATM cards cannot be loaded but their money is safe and they can withdraw when more options are available. Ask for several forms of ID and let them know it could take from 2 to 12 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2007, 09:40 PM

If it was me, I would not pay them a red cent.

MERRY CHRISTMAS